My Ornate bichiers are sitting at the bottom of my tank

SpottedEel

I'm new to owning Eels, and a large tank in general and I just got two Ornate bichiers, they're still pretty small. They just sit on the bottom of my tank, and hardly move. Are they sick? I have poked them with my fish net and they move, but soon stop.
I even got a heater to keep the water warm. The water is around 70°F. Does the water need to be warmer?

pipirose

I'm not sure about that but I think temp should be at least 75

SpottedEel

pipirose The temperature has risen for the water, but they still are not active. I tried to feed them today, but they refuse to eat. They just swim over the food

slayer5590

They are not eels. They are not ornate bichers either. The are saddled bichers Polypterus endlicherI and 70° is too low for them. Upper 70s and lower 80s for small ones like those. What are you trying to feed them?

SpottedEel

They are not eels. They are not ornate bichers either. The are saddled bichers Polypterus endlicherI and 70° is too low for them. Upper 70s and lower 80s for small ones like those. What are you trying to feed them?
I've been trying to feed them sinking pelets, and the heater I got for the tank now has the water at 76°

slayer5590

Try some frozen food.

SpottedEel

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fastalex
Replies
Views
FrillyLily
Replies
Views