My only 2 true fish tanks

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by Reptiguy97, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

These are my only 2 true fish tanks the first one is a tropical freshwater planted fish tank and it contains 1 striped Raphael catfish, 3 guppys, 1 pictus catfish, 1 clown loach, 1 striped Chinese algae eater, 1 gold algae eater 2 corydoras catfishes, 1 albino coydoras catfish, 1 upside down catfish, a classic plecostomus, and 3 silver dollars. The tank below it contains a tiger Oskar and yes I know he needs a larger tank and I am trying to get a 55 gallon if possible. I just half to figure out whair to put it.;) sorry some of the pictures couldn't come out better but most of my fish wouldn't stay still.:p
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2. Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

what size is the first tank?
    You have alot of strange combinations in that tank.

3. Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

The first one is a 35 gallon long tank and what I was originally going for was a bottom feeder tank but I got sidetracked when I bought a tiger Oscar. The main reason I got the tiger Oscar was because it looked cool so when I was at a wall mart I was looking through the fish then I saw the red tiger Oskar so I got someone who worked in the fish department to come over so I could ask him some questions about the Oscar and his responses to my questions were "red tiger oscars get along with all kinds of fish and there a relatively small fish." So after hearing that I bought him and once I got him in the tank he immediately started terrorizing the tank so I looked tiger oscars up on the Internet and red up on them and after I was done reading I was so mad my face literally looked like this:mad:so I also read that guppies and silver dollars help calm tiger oscars so I tried it out and when I got each of them in their I thought they were going to kill each other. So I found a Sapir 10 gallon tank and put him in that and my plan is if I can't get a 55 gallon tank before he outgrows his current tank then I may just take him to petco and adopt him out into one of their adoption tanks. And that's pretty much the story of those 2 tanks.

4. ayladWell Known MemberMember

Looks great! What's that contraption on the right end of the big tank? It looks like my HOB breeding box, but it's got more tubes and stuff than mine...

5. Orion5Well Known MemberMember

I second aylad's question... I'm curious as to what that "box" is. :)

6. Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

The box on the side is a breeder box and as for the tubes the tubes in front are Where I have hung my bubble counter for my co2 diffuser but the other tubing that I have are all part of a project I have just started. I have run a tube to the filter and several other areas of the tank and according to what I have read on a different site that if I get som thin grassy aquatic plants to put in there then as the several lengths of tubing suck water into the box it will also suck up any algae spores that may be floating in in the tank and the algae spores will collect and grow on the fine grasses in the box then I can take the algae and made my own algae wafers with it. So the box is sorta like a filter and a food source at the same time.

7. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

sounds awesome.

8. ayladWell Known MemberMember

That's really interesting. I'm sure that other members would enjoy reading a detailed write-up of this project in the DIY forum. ;D

So you're not actually using the breeder to breed, right? It's just a refugium for the grasses?

9. Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

Yep the only thing I am missing is the grasses but I can get them when I go to pet smart for my new heater tomorrow.:)

10. Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

alot of fish in the thirty five gal it seems

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice