My Old Betta

joslynsbettas

Hi, so this is my first post, and i decided to post about my betta mudkip, hes an elephant ear betta (dumbo) and i got him from petco, i've had him for about 2 years now, (july 19th is his gotcha day, i will have him for 3 years) and i got him when he was about a year old, so hes around 4 years old, i love him dearly, and i hate to see him having so many symptoms of being and old guy, he has curled fins, a big lump on him back, hes a little slim, hes missing his food, hiding places, sleeping a lot (when he was younger he was super enthusiastic and energetic, he always came up to the tank when i got home and watched him, he still does that just not ad much), and not moving as much as he used to.. i hate to say it but i dont have much more time with him i love him dearly and hes my little boy, i never thought i would get to attached to him when i first got him. Hes in a 10 gallon all by himself, with a filter, a heater (the temp stays at 60-65 degrees) and a lot of plants in his tank, with some cichlid hides. With the little amount of time i had with him, i decided to sign onto this website, and talk about him daily, just to make some memories ❤

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_164058_351.jpg
    IMG_20210409_164058_351.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 22

flopperfrog

Hi, so this is my first post, and i decided to post about my betta mudkip, hes an elephant ear betta (dumbo) and i got him from petco, i've had him for about 2 years now, (july 19th is his gotcha day, i will have him for 3 years) and i got him when he was about a year old, so hes around 4 years old, i love him dearly, and i hate to see him having so many symptoms of being and old guy, he has curled fins, a big lump on him back, hes a little slim, hes missing his food, hiding places, sleeping a lot (when he was younger he was super enthusiastic and energetic, he always came up to the tank when i got home and watched him, he still does that just not ad much), and not moving as much as he used to.. i hate to say it but i dont have much more time with him i love him dearly and hes my little boy, i never thought i would get to attached to him when i first got him. Hes in a 10 gallon all by himself, with a filter, a heater (the temp stays at 60-65 degrees) and a lot of plants in his tank, with some cichlid hides. With the little amount of time i had with him, i decided to sign onto this website, and talk about him daily, just to make some memories ❤
hes a wonderful little fish . its also sad to watch your pets grow old ;(

Upvote 0

joslynsbettas

yes hes an amazing little guy

Upvote 0

mrsP

They have such brilliant personalities, they are more like kittens or puppies in fish suit.

Upvote 0

Rose of Sharon

Sorry you are going through this!

Wish they all had longer life spans!!!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Idkitsathrowaway
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Betta head down tail up
Replies