My newly cycled tank!

1. Lradke Initiate Member

I just wanted to share a photo or two of my new tank. I have 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, and 12 guppies...8 females, 2 Dragonhead Tuxedo, and 2-7 (something) platinums. They were paired up one male per female...but they were just going nuts. So I brought the ratio up to 2 ladies per one male. They are doing much better and all seem VERY happy! I even think 2 of the females came pregnant. If that is the case we will just let nature take its course and not breed them right now.

We are planning on getting a few more fish, my wife likes hatchet fish and swordtails. The latter are beautiful but will be a gamble to see of they will work. For now though we will be adding a few more plants and another (taller) structure. I will also be putting in a bubble wall along the back.

Anyway...that's about it. It may be a shaky start and easy fish to take care of, but it is my first tank and I am very proud of it. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1332908182012.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1332908227957.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1332908255818.jpg
    This is my wife's favorite female guppy. It has a silver and black tail fin.

~ Rockin' on Nottachtrix!

2. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Gorgeous tank. Well done! Now that the work of cycling is done, you can really enjoy your tank. Thank you for sharing pictures!

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Very nice tank! Congrats on the new cycle!

Have fun and enjoy your fish.

Ken

4. pitbull_nc Member Member

It looks good. I hope you enjoy it.

5. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Very nice looking tank!! Are all of those fake plants?

6. Lradke Initiate Member

Yes they are all fake plants for now. I am not too confident in my gardening skills, and am wanting to take things one step at a time. We have more to add, and I am thinking of possibly adding the new plants when I do my water change this weekend.

In the future I am hopig to add real ones.

7. spdrbob Member Member

Love the rocks - are they a single piece or individuals stacked on top of eachother. I love rock structures in a tank.

8. orandagal Member Member

Hi Luke and Welcome,
    Your aquarium is really nice! I'm new here as well and also have a new 29 gallon that I'm really enjoying. I've had smaller tanks, made my share of mistakes, but feel much more confident now and hope in the future to move up to a 40 gallon. This can become very addicting:) Lots of good folk and great info! Hope to see more pics and wishing you the best.

9. Lradke Initiate Member

Thank you! :) Bot structures are single pieces. I have to be honest, my wife bought all the decorations for the tank (except for the large rock...that was me) and I arranged them. She has great taste!

Hi and thanks! I agree with you...I'm hooked! When I was younger I had tetras, but I probably shouldnt have had a tank because I had no idea what I was doing. Also I grew up with a brother who had a couple 80g tanks for years (my dad has taken over the only one running as my brother moved accross the country), but I am quickly realizing that everything he taught me is wrong, and I can now see why his fish kept dying. So I am starting from scratch! ;)

I have a few other things to put in this tank and will post more photos when the tank set-up is complete.:)

10. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Woah! I really like THAT tank!

Good job!:;toast

11. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Looks nice :)

12. Lradke Initiate Member

uploadfromtaptalk1333061928291.jpg

I finished the decorating last night. Here is an updated pic of my tank. It currently has 12 guppies, 2 Siamese algae eaters, and 1 betta. The Siamese do their job well and that's all they care about; the betta sticks to the shadows as he has been through a lot; and the guppies are insane, always playing around and look for new ways to take turns surfing the currents in the tank...it is really funny! :D

~ Rockin' on Nottachtrix!

13. Lupinus Member Member

Nice

14. hobo Member Member

Great love it

15. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

It looks so nice. I love tanks when they are brand spanking new.

16. Lradke Initiate Member

Thanks a lot! :D I put a TON of time and thought in the design to make it as perfect as possible.

17. Matt68046 Member Member

Don't downplay yourself. Thats a pretty tank, and ps. Guppies are not as easy as people say. That's an old wives tale. They are actually somewhat disease prone and when you get to the genetics aspect it gets even harder.

18. orandagal Member Member

It turned out really nice, great job!

19. AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Beautiful tank. I like how it looks, wish I can be that creative.