My newest latest obsession NOT fish related!

Discussion in 'Misc. Photos' started by Junne, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I got this for my birthday! Never knew how much fun these things are - now I just need to figure out how to take pictures with the camera when its up in the air - so far only got videos but I'm sure theres a way to take stills. Just started playing with it today!

drone 1 6-26-16.jpg

drone 2 6-26-16.jpg

drone 3 6-26-16.jpg

drone 4 6-26-16.jpg

2. shusband

shusband Well Known Member Member

Drones are so cool, I have a really cheap one that doesn't have a camera or any of that, but it's so fun flying them around.

3. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Nice drone! I bet cost quite a bit.... drive safely :p

4. OP
    OP
    Junne

I can't wait to take it to the beach and stuff. I am going to have to get another battery pack as this one only lasts 20-25 minutes......... Its supposed to go up over 1,000 feet but I haven't taken it up nearly that high yet. Still getting used to the controls.... I love it because you can push a button to "send it back home" so it will come back to me :)

5. Five 97

That's a very nice and practical feature there (the "come back" button)....

6. OP
    OP
    Junne

Still learning the basics! Apparently, when the battery gets dangerously low ( I ignored the warning ) the unit takes off at full speed and goes back to home base ( the first place where you start it )
    I didn't know that and the thing started taking off on me! I saw the look in Mr. Junne's eyes like he was getting ready to scold me! HAHA
    Whew!

Anyway, the view is from the school/park. We live directly behind it and our house is in the background but covered with trees. My son playing basket ball at the end.

I've got to figure out how to set it to HD and other stuff...... Apparently I didn't read the manual as you can see from my almost mishap!

7. Five 97

wow....

8. OP
    OP
    Junne

My area is boring - need to find a nice place like the beach or something....... Its just good practice right now not to hit anything..... ;)

9. Five 97

Haha, yeah....

10. OP
    OP
    Junne

Playing with the DJI Phantom quad. Still a little shaky and pixelated so working on that. Now I need to get more accessories.

My hood

11. l

lol Valued Member Member

Nice drone. Exactly what I wanted for my birthday -- behind only a cichlid tank. lol. but they're too expensive to warrant getting both.

12. OP
    OP
    Junne

Thank you. Just got some lenses for it so I can't wait to try it out.

Yes, I too could use a new 155 gallon bow front but thats another story, maybe another birthday present..... LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice