My new tank

EmptyH

Reaction score
I had some trouble with that too. I think that its arraigned by aggressiveness (but I am not sure, given the placement of the Cory Cats) with the most aggressive,or possibly active, fish at the top and left (Malawian Cichlids) to the least aggressive in the bottom and right (Freshwater Plants). If you find the fish on the left hand side and go to the right you will see all of the fish that are more aggressive than your chosen fish, when you reach the end of the row it shows compatibility with itself. If you go down from there you will see all of the fish less aggressive than itself.

At least I think thats how to read this. Does this make sense or am I way off base here? The more I look at it the less sure I am that its ranked by aggression, but there is definitely a ranking system of some sort. Does anybody else have an idea of what they are ranked by?

MTH

EmptyH

Reaction score
Since platies come before tetras on the chart go to the far left side of the chart and find platies, go all the way to the right on that line. That is how platies are compatable with themselves. Now take that column and go down to tetras and you will see a green Y which means that they are compatable.

Its not the easiest thing to read but it is a very efficient and concise chart. Its basically a matrix. Actually it would be easier to read if it were in an excel spreadsheet so that you could select the columns and rows.

If we could get someone to verify that this chart was accurate I would be willing to create a spreadsheet and post it so that it could be downloaded and followed more easily.

Butterfly or Gunnie- Is this chart accurate? Do you think it would be useful to have an Excel spreadsheet? I don't know enough about fish compatability to speak to its accuracy but it is a good design.

MTH

Maida_gc

Valued Member
Reaction score
Picture 1 - Busy Corner. 3 Panda's, 2 Goraumi's, Tetras and Rams
Picture 2 - Baby Pleco at work. Ram Couple in view.
Picture 3 - Curious Ram
Picture 4 - 3 Baby Panda Cory's and a Ram peeking in
Picture 5 - My Tank Setup
Picture 6 - 2 Julli Cory's chilling out in their fav spot

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom