My new shrimps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexW

Reaction score
Got some new shrimps in the mail today, so excited to see how well they do and happy to finally have them!

Them acclimating:
395.jpg

In the tank:
397.jpg

399.jpg

401.jpg

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cool little guys, wish I could get some. I'm pretty sure my Rainbows would eat them.
Really good close up picture.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats on the new shrimp! Great photos and beautiful critters!

Thanks for sharing. Best of luck!

Ken

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Awesome looking pics. Thanks for sharing!

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ohhhhhhh i loooove those! i'm going to get a few rcs this week.....but the store also sells different ones.....which i want to get also. what are yours? those pics are just like from a magazine or something! haha. what website did you get them from?

AlexW

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! They're tons of fun, so much different than any of the other shrimp species I have... spend most of their time hanging upside down in various nooks and crannies in the tank.

And harpua got it right, they're sulawesi cardinal shrimp... Caridina denergeli, probably slaughtered the spelling on that

@jerilovesfrogs- congrats on your new shrimp! shrimp are awesome lol, have 7 species now... I got these through a seller on aquabid.com

They're just babies right now, between 1/4 and 1/2 inch... they were supposed to be adults but the seller had his entire adult population die a couple days after I won the bid due to a heater malfunction. So he sent me all the babies he had instead

AlexW

Reaction score
So far I've got RCS, tiger shrimp, CRS, rudolph shrimp, bamboos, amano, and a pink macrobrachium thingy (dunno what it is, nor does anybody else lol)... and of course these cardinals

I'm hoping my parents will let me set up a few more tanks in my room, hope to get some Opae Ula (brackish hawaiian shrimp), higher grade CRS, northern sulawesi shrimp (not as picky as the lake varieties like cardinals), green shrimp, yellows, blue pearls and bumblebees...

I think I'm an invertoholic

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow, you're going to need a lot of tanks and organization skills to make sure shrimp that can crossbreed aren't kept together! ;D

I'm loving shrimp too. I was reading up on vampire shrimp and I think I want one. I'd also like a red macro but I worry about keeping it with my corys.

-Lisa

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So far I've got RCS, tiger shrimp, CRS, rudolph shrimp, bamboos, amano, and a pink macrobrachium thingy (dunno what it is, nor does anybody else lol)... and of course these cardinals

I'm hoping my parents will let me set up a few more tanks in my room, hope to get some Opae Ula (brackish hawaiian shrimp), higher grade CRS, northern sulawesi shrimp (not as picky as the lake varieties like cardinals), green shrimp, yellows, blue pearls and bumblebees...

I think I'm an invertoholic
I would say so!

I have an online friend that is a total invertoholic too. She has a ton of good rep as a seller and can usually get some interesting shrimp and snails. I can put you two in touch if you're ever interested.

AlexW

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm gonna mix any of the species, all too often the neocaridina breed so much faster than the caridina and they'll out compete the caridina unless the numbers are kept roughly even by removing neos every now and then... alot more work than just giving each an individual tank

Harpua... I'd love to be put in touch with anybody that could help expand my invertoholism (could that be a real word?) Would she by chance be Rach though? I'm pretty sure she was the one that coined the term invertoholic

The other invert I'm dying to keep is a group of vampire crabs, such awesome little guys.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
great pics! wish we had those color varieties around here!

AlexW

Reaction score
Thanks Shawnie! I wish I could find them locally instead of having to order online.

Luckily I was just talking to one of the importers in Chinatown in seattle, he will be getting about 40 cardinals in available for sale June 9th, wild caught... plan to get as many as I can afford to help mix up bloodlines (mine are F1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom