My new rummy nose and snails ,,questions ??

Angels4
I ordered 6 rummy nose and they sent 7 , the seventh one hangs out alone , seems ok , eats and all ...is it because 7 is an odd number is why he is alone ??

Calliefornia
I'm sorry I'm not sure about rummy noses but I have to say you have a really pretty tank!

Angels4
Calliefornia said:
I'm sorry I'm not sure about rummy noses but I have to say you have a really pretty tank!
Thank you

WetRootsNH
I would say that he probably doesn't feel so hot. How long had it been since you acclimated them?
I have had an occasional fish do that after I've introduced a school. Sometimes they have later passed and other times they've recovered just fine. I hope it's not from odd numbers as I have 4 separate schools of fish in odd numbers!!! Anything over 6, odd or even should be fine for most schooling fish, though some need more. Besides, fish can't count past 6 because they don't have fingers or toes

boxtop
I have rummy nose. I started with 9 and after 10 months one of them died so now I have 8. What I can tell you is that sometimes they shoal together and swim in a group almost in unison and sometimes they seem to be very independent and all over the tank doing their own things individually. If the color is good and the fish is active and eating, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

When they are new to the tank, they go through a period of establishing dominance in where some of them seem aggressive towards the others. After a short time the behavior stops and then they are relatively peaceful and actually very timid fish.

Angels4
boxtop said:
I have rummy nose. I started with 9 and after 10 months one of them died so now I have 8. What I can tell you is that sometimes they shoal together and swim in a group almost in unison and sometimes they seem to be very independent and all over the tank doing their own things individually. If the color is good and the fish is active and eating, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

When they are new to the tank, they go through a period of establishing dominance in where some of them seem aggressive towards the others. After a short time the behavior stops and then they are relatively peaceful and actually very timid fish.
Thank you for the insight , his/her color is good and is eating but just hangs alone mostly , I did catch him a time or to in the group and thought oh good then later he was alone again .

Top Bottom