My new Rams spawning

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by king acuarios, Jul 26, 2015.

1. king acuariosNew MemberMember

Hi! Here I present the first spawning of the Ramirezi generation born in one of my tanks. This aquarium is too much difficult to the fry survive if they hatch but I will entertain a lot watching my Rams defend their spawning as if they were in their natural habitat. I put this couple in this aquarium because I have two other couples in the other aquariums that I have, one of this couple are alone in one of the aquariums. I hope you like the video. Greetings!

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Rams spawning is really cool. They are such tiny fish to have such a protective attitude.

Good luck.

Carol

3. king acuariosNew MemberMember

Thanks Carol :)
    Here an update... The first spawning was failed but when they have other I hope they can defend it much better. Here a video for show you when the male ate one of his final three fry almost ready to hatched :(
    Regards.

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Yeah until they kind of get the idea they tend to eat the eggs or fry. You may have to move the fry to a tank alone.

Carol

5. Dark SkyValued MemberMember

Fantastic! I've only just now noticed my Rams (Bolivian) have spawned, came on here looking for care tips!

6. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Congrats on them breeding!

7. king acuariosNew MemberMember

Thanks a lot guys for your comment. Stay tuned for future updates! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice