My new rabbit- help/name wanted

FishGirl115
Hello! I'm excited to introduce my newest pet! We trapped this bunny today by our road in a live trap. We think the poor thing was thrown out on our dirt road. I convinced my dad to let me keep it. On one condition, it stays in the garage.
Idk gender yet, but I'm gonna call it a she cause I don't wanna call it it...
I set up a nice area in one of my dog's old crates. So far I've fed her oats, apples, and grass. She ate raw corn too before I realized she can't... Haha first mistake... I'm getting real bunny food (pellets and hay) tomorrow. The rabbit is litter trained (hooray). I put food and water in her crate, litter box, and a cardboard hut.
So for names, I was thinking about Cookie... What are your guy's opinions/suggestions?
Any suggestions/advice for me? Please and thank you.

SouthAmericanCichlids
How about Oreo, she kind of reminds me of one lol. Also, it it just me or does it look like there is some type of wildcat/dragon/creature on her side in the markings. Like this.

FishGirl115
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
How about Oreo, she kind of reminds me of one lol. Also, it it just me or does it look like there is some type of wildcat/dragon/creature on her side in the markings. Like this.
Lol. I didn't notice that! Good observation!

Zach72202
When I was about 7 at a farmers market with my mom they had feeder rabbits for sale in this hutch. We were there at the end of the sale time and they had one rabbit left, and they were giving it away with the hutch so they didn't have to take it home. Being the 7 year old I was, I ran over to it and before my mom could say anything, I said we will take it! So that's the story of how we got our first rabbit! He was a good boy, albino rabbit, we named him Jiffy! I think Jiffy is a very cute name for a bunny, so there's my story and my name suggestion!

DrogJustDrog
Something like Arrow or Crossbow, maybe Target? Don't know why I'm thinking about archery.

FishGirl115
DrogJustDrog said:
Something like Arrow or Crossbow, maybe Target? Don't know why I'm thinking about archery.
Ya... I like the name Target but my Dad'll mess around and say, 'Oh, he's a target, okay.' Gets out gun, 'time for "target" practice!'
He's not the animal lover. Literally all the animals we have are mine (dog, cats, fish, and bunny)
I don't think he'd actually shoot it, just be a butthead about it.

julifhy
I agree with the name Oreo!

FishGirl115 said:
Ya... I like the name Target but my Dad'll mess around and say, 'Oh, he's a target, okay.' Gets out gun, 'time for "target" practice!'
He's not the animal lover. Literally all the animals we have are mine (dog, cats, fish, and bunny)
I don't think he'd actually shoot it, just be a butthead about it.
I'm currently babysitting a friend's rabbit and my dad says the same thing lol. He's fine with my sister's bearded dragon and my guinea pigs (he spoils them every morning lol) but he's not a big fan of Basia the rabbit for some reason

FishGirl115
julifhy said:
I agree with the name Oreo!

I'm currently babysitting a friend's rabbit and my dad says the same thing lol. He's fine with my sister's bearded dragon and my guinea pigs (he spoils them every morning lol) but he's not a big fan of Basia the rabbit for some reason
I was thinking of Oreo and then thought of Cookie. I'll try and figure out if it's a boy or girl and we can pick based off that. Keep throwing suggestions at me!

julifhy
I’ve actually thought of another name lol. It’s Domino

FishGirl115
She's a girl. I think I'm deciding between Cookie and Oreo. Unless there's like a super nice new option I'll start a poll for name choosing

NevermindIgnoreMe
An informative website for pet owners (mainly ones who own rabbit or rats) is petsial.com. You should be able to find everything you need for rabbit care there.

I personally think Oreo is overused for literally any animal with black and white markings. No offense if it's what you decide though lol. I would call her Heather. Or Winter maybe. Her markings remind me of the contrast between dark trees and the snow. Linx would be cool. Oh, and Emma sounds like a good rabbit name too, don't you think?I

edit: I've just realized you've already narrowed down a good bit between Oreo and cookie lol. Unless you find something you like better, I would pick Cookie. For reasons already stated lol.

FishGirl115
Thanks ! I decided on Cookie I will check out that site. Thank you!!
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
An informative website for pet owners (mainly ones who own rabbit or rats) is petsial.com. You should be able to find everything you need for rabbit care there.

I personally think Oreo is overused for literally any animal with black and white markings. No offense if it's what you decide though lol. I would call her Heather. Or Winter maybe. Her markings remind me of the contrast between dark trees and the snow. Linx would be cool. Oh, and Emma sounds like a good rabbit name too, don't you think?I

edit: I've just realized you've already narrowed down a good bit between Oreo and cookie lol. Unless you find something you like better, I would pick Cookie. For reasons already stated lol.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom