my new puffer Queequeg

jesslmun

I just got a puffer today! Thought he was a dwarf puffer which is what the pet store guy told me but realized he is actually a green spotted puffer,meaning i'm going to have to get a bigger tank for him. I have a 10 gal for him now.
Now he was labeled at the store as freshwater but i've done some reading and it says brackish. I do have aquarium salt, will this be okay for him or do I need marine salt?Not sure what the difference is... its fun to watch him eat. I gave him a piece of krill and when it got caught in the water coming from the filter he dived for it and tore it in tiny pieces very quickly. I don't know how people can trust these little guys with other fish after watching him tear something apart. I took a pic of him with my cell phone,batteries are dead in my digital camera, so the quality isn't that great but i'm attaching it to this post anyway.
Here's Queequeg!

thumper

marine salt is what you will need to keep him in and it is a a cute little guy!

sticky fish

is there a special significance to his name?
I think what I'm trying to say is: Does his name mean anything?
He's a cute one

Abalisa

He's adorable!

pinkfloydpuffer

Aw, what a cutie! Love him!

jesslmun

The name Queequeg is a character from the book Moby Dick. If you've ever watched The X-Files, Scully names her pomeranian Queequeg. Just thought the name was different and cute.

jgon_

Love his round little puffer belly!

pinkfloydpuffer

I LOVE Moby Dick! Great book!

sticky fish

I love his name... the pics you have up are so cute

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom