My new Mate Rosi(FH) Help

1. kpkant123 Initiate Member

Hi there
    I am a Newbie in taking care of Flowerhorn. One week ago I have bought 2’’ Short-body flowerhorn. Initially he was under stress and not eating properly. As days go, he is getting better. Now he is eating normally and active. I’m so happy of it. What should I do to enhance his color and body? Please also tell me how to train him to follow my fingers and to jump for food.
    Cheers,
    Push

Attached Files:

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:sign0016: to FishLore. I hope you're enjoying the site. :)

My oh my - your fish is absolutely darling. I've never seen such a pretty pink fish.

I'm sorry I can't help (I'm not familiar with big fish), but I just had to comment on how pretty she is. (Or he?) :;a2

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Your best bet would be to have your hand in the water and have food in you fingers, the fish should learn that there is food in your fingers then you should be able to start holding your fingers above the water and slowly he should jump. Some fish never jump tho, my sister betta won't jump

4. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I really advise AGAINST trainsing a fish to leap for food...you're just asking for an accident to happen. If the fish learns its ok to jump, it may leap out at something one time when you're not home & die outside the tank. It's best not to get them in that habit, especially large cichlids.

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)

I have to agree with amanda. Whenever i am feeding i hate thinking they could jump out when i'm not around. I strongly reccomend you dont get them used to leaping. As far as him following your finger, my convicts do that all the time LOL they just have to get used to you then they will be all over :)

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello KP. What a beautiful fish! I've never seen one like it! Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Ken

7. kpkant123 Initiate Member

Hey
    Thanks all for your comments.
    Cheers,
    Push

8. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

That is such a pretty fish, where did you get it and how much did you spend? Sometime in the future I wish to get a big fish, either a frontosa or a flower horn and seeing your flower horn makes me want one more, thanks alot you enablers

9. kpkant123 Initiate Member

i've bought him when he was less than 2'' for AUD $25 in india. what do you think is that so cheap. do my FH get KOK. i believe it is male. day by day it's color(red) enhansing. today i tried placing mirror. he has become aggressive and the red color over his belly has become intensive. what do you think of it. give your opinion. thanks
    Cheers,
    Push