My new little man, Hugo!

1. Sayba

Sayba Well Known Member Member

SO! Today was a great day, got a free lift to Shirley Aquatics, the place that does tanks for the BBC and stuff ( I have a great friend).
    Been mourning the loss of Reuben, I was going to wait longer before getting a new boy, but I figured doing it now and getting a free trip there was better then doing it later and spending over £20 in taxi fare.

Well then, say hello to my new little boy, Hugo!

DSCF3500.jpg

He looked really big to me, maybe about three inches nose to tail end, I always thought fish in the shop were babies, I will try and get a proper measurement after he's settled in during a feed.

I haven't fed him today but I will give him two or three bloodworms tomorrow then see how he gets on with pellets the next day. I don't want the same bloat problems I had with the last boy.

DSCF3499.jpg

Here is his crib! I have no idea what the fuzzy long plants are but I'm pretty sure the other plant is a sword something... I am getting him some more plants and a bridge to go across the blue pebble river. My drawn plan was a little different, I might end up rearranging during a water change.

Let me know what you think!

2. I love my puffer

I love my puffer Valued Member Member

Great job!:)

3. Anon

Anon Valued Member Member

Cute little guy! Love the setup too!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

He's adorable!!!!! And the tank looks great, nice job :)

5. OP
    OP
    Sayba

Thanks guys!

I just ordered some "easy grow" plants off ebay and a cute little japanese styled bridge. I think that's enough now though, don't want it too crowded in there. The day will never come when I can look at a tank and say "Yep, that's done". Haha!

6. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

A tank is never done! And even when you think it is, you change your mind a week later :)

7. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

He looks really nice!!! What a pretty color and I love the tank setup! Great work!

8. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Wow, what a pretty hue of blue. Thanks for sharing :)

9. OP
    OP
    Sayba

Thank you everyone! That's true Holly, I wish for me it didn't mean buying a complete new set of decorations once a week.

Glad you like him guys, he's going to be my little blue baby, spoiled rotten.

10. Amzwiz87

Amzwiz87 Valued Member Member

He looks gorgeous! I always thought the Bettas in pet stores were grown, but idk. I just bought one and he looks small...maybe mine is just a runt?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

11. OP
    OP
    Sayba

He's probably just young, my last betta was tiny but he grew a little before I lost him. This boys still settling in, he still thinks I'm a threat unless I have food in my hand. He eats everything I give him then has the nerve to flare at my finger haha. I love him to bits already.