My New Line of Albino Full Reds

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Leafray, Aug 8, 2015.

1. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Hey guys!
    After I found out that the original trio I had purchased were HORRIBLE, I decided to find a new trio.... As luck would have it, that day, I found a really great breeder with excellent fish! ( as mentioned in my previous post ). I got a high dorsal, superior albino full red, emphasize on the SUPERIOR. These guppies are absolutely gorgeous and were very cheap, ( for such great guppies ). I got a trio and even got thrown in one month old pair as a add on! ( the females were also prehit ) These pictures were taken a hour after they were put into my tank. If any of you guys have tips on breeding albinos, please feel free to give me a few pointers ( please and thank you ). Also one last question, these guppies were all fed brine shrimp, is there a cheaper substitute to them with the same protein levels?
    Overall, VERY happy!!!!! :D
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439076742.433840.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439076792.007463.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439076817.736707.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439076845.318915.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439076916.752582.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Also if anyone has experience of making duckweed boom, I'm trying to cover the tank with them, and got a bunch from the breeder? How fast do they grow? How long would it take for them to fill the whole top of the tank?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
  2. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful guppies!

Duckweed grows VERY quickly. You shouldn't have any trouble getting the surface covered.

3. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Do you have any idea of how long it takes?

4. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Beautiful colors on those guppies!

5. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Thank you! The pictures just don't give this guppy justice! The females have a very high dorsal as well :D

6. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Sorry, I don't know exactly how long it takes. I don't have any in my tank because I don't want it to take over. My friends have some in their tanks, and that's how I know it grows quickly - it takes over the surface of their tanks!

7. ScoutsfishWell Known MemberMember

Pretty guppies! I've heard that duckweed doubles in volume every day or every couple days, growing super fast. It will be growing like crazy soon!

8. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Great! One of my females try to nip every fish, the other female, the male, the juvies, what do I do?! Do I seperate her?

9. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes, I'd separate.

10. LeafrayValued MemberMember

I seperate the guppy into a 2.5 gallons tank, she has a ragged dorsal fin, raising temp one temp per day until 79 degrees, gonna feed her some high protein food ( friend suggested it would help? )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice