My new Juli Cats!

1. Jon Well Known Member Member

Got a pair of juli cats today because i like a nice full aquarium... the fish i have now arent full grown and im going to build another 10 gallon once i find a glazier.

My aquarium right now has 1 sunset ( i think) dwarf gourami 4 guppies ( 1 m 3f) and 2 juli cories (sexes unknown but due to one being slightly rounder and larger than the other i believe i might have 1 male 1 female... i wont breed them because it would look pretty dumb trying to breed 2 dudes if im not correct)

Heres some pics:

** crap my camera isnt working ill try to post them later... they are about 1 inch long and are covered in leopard like spots with a black dark zigzaggy line down horizontally through the back half of their body
  2. Marc Well Known Member Member

There are so many Cory with cool patterns! I've found that BetterBettas is a nice site to get Corydoras - they have 22 different types for sale and supposedly have great service!

I love Julii! I'm trying to find a group of Reticulatus myself.

They also have 3 different types of the Pygmy Corydoras! I'm ordering some after I get my other tank set up :)

3. Jon Well Known Member Member

mine looks a little like that only with blacker smaller dots and a dark thin tightly zig zagged line down its later half of its body... ill try posting pics later
  4. chris02_84 Member Member

are julies pretty active?

5. Jon Well Known Member Member

Mine are not right now because they are new members of my aquarium and im sure they are just getting used to it but in the store they seemed to be
  6. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

mine were like that but they like their new surroundings
  7. Marc Well Known Member Member

You have them in a group of two - Corydoras like to be in groups. Try and get two more and I almost gaurantee they will be more active!

8. Jon Well Known Member Member

they like to be in groups of 3 actually but i dont want to get 1 more as i am already pushing the limits of my tank. they are fine to be kept in groups of 1-2 although they do much better in groups of 3... I might consider getting another after i build my next tank
  9. Marc Well Known Member Member

No, they really don't do well in small groups. They are very timid when kept as such. When I bought my Corys they were in seperate tanks - 2 in one, 2 in another, and 1 by itself. They were all very timid - hiding among the few decorations in the tank. As soon as I got them all home they were exploring the whole tank and have been very active.
  10. Jon Well Known Member Member

Are you trying to debate that they dont do well in groups of 3 or that they dont do well in 2's or 1's.?

If you are debating they dont do well in groups of 3 then you are dead wrong.
    If you are debating they dont do well in groups of 2's or 1's then you are partially correct. They would prefer a group of 3 but i simply cant fit another fish into my tank. I would like to but I cant. They are doing relatively well for newcomers so im not too concerned.

11. heartbeat Initiate Member

nice jullie pic,... thier very beutiful are they related to cories? yup im pretty sure they are

wats with fish lol theyre named,,.... cories jullies mollys.... lol jk
  12. Jon Well Known Member Member

Julli's arent just related to cories they are cories... they are a type like bronze, albino, julli, green c aneaus... you know
  13. Maida_gc Member Member

Pretty cool - the ones I've seen, like Jon, are tiny black dots. Looks good though.