My New Jd Rocky

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bacalaotropic said:
Hey there young lady...how's my favorite truck driver ...that's one awsome tank, just beautiful ...you should take a selfie w it..lol
IM NOT a truck driver!!!

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dawn Michele said:
WOW!!!! That's a BIG Pleco!!!! Could I put anything in the tank with Rocky?
Plecos are safe. 70 gallon right? The problem is he is bigger now and the whole tank is his territory. If you have some hiding spots you could try maybe 2 or 3 convicts. Silver dollars might be ok. The problem as you know is that JDs dont tolerate a whole lot of ruckus and they tend to eat their new tankmates lol.

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dawn Michele said:
IM NOT a truck driver!!!
Oops, sorry. Wrong click .

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bacalaotropic said:
Oops, sorry. Wrong click .
No problem!!! Your forgiven!!!

NavyChief20 said:
Plecos are safe. 70 gallon right? The problem is he is bigger now and the whole tank is his territory. If you have some hiding spots you could try maybe 2 or 3 convicts. Silver dollars might be ok. The problem as you know is that JDs dont tolerate a whole lot of ruckus and they tend to eat their new tankmates lol.
Hey Brian!!! It's a 72 gallon Bow Front. I know how they can be LOL!!! I think it might be a HUGE problem with him!!! He can live by himself!!!

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi NavyChief20 . Hope you had a good weekend. Do you think Rocky would get along with a female JD?

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dawn Michele said:
Hi NavyChief20 . Hope you had a good weekend. Do you think Rocky would get along with a female JD?
Hey Dawn!

Rocky is a big boy so you might want to let her grow up a bit before introducing them. When you do he might hide a bit. Jacks are funny like that. Should be okay but make sure she is good sized before introducing them. Haephestus and Diana were raised separately and then placed together at about 6 months. Now NOTHING is safe in their tank. Lol

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
NavyChief20 said:
Hey Dawn!

Rocky is a big boy so you might want to let her grow up a bit before introducing them. When you do he might hide a bit. Jacks are funny like that. Should be okay but make sure she is good sized before introducing them. Haephestus and Diana were raised separately and then placed together at about 6 months. Now NOTHING is safe in their tank. Lol
Thanks Brian. IM going to have to find a female that is close to Rockys size. I don't have a grow out tank. When I got the 72 I sold the 55.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
NavyChief20. Could I put Catfish with him?

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dawn Michele said:
NavyChief20. Could I put Catfish with him?
Not Cories cause he will make friends with them but they wont want to play the game he wants to play lol. I have had marble plecos in with JDs. They ignore them. Pictus Cats might be ok, i cant remember their temp range though.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
NavyChief20 said:
Not Cories cause he will make friends with them but they wont want to play the game he wants to play lol. I have had marble plecos in with JDs. They ignore them. Pictus Cats might be ok, i cant remember their temp range though.
I like Pictus Catfish. I will look into them. Thank you so much for your help Brian. I appreciate it.

BaerBonesBarber

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
you made me want a JD so I got a little 2" one. I'm gonna post a thread about him soon!

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BaerBonesBarber said:
you made me want a JD so I got a little 2" one. I'm gonna post a thread about him soon!
JDs are really personable. Not quite as out going as Oscars but they have a certain kind of ornery machismo thats really entertaining

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BaerBonesBarber said:
I can't wait to see him!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom