My new halfmoon betta!

1. Jahnikar Member Member

So I was at PetCo earlier and saw this guy.... I had to have him. I've wanted a halfmoon since I first saw them on FL. Meet Helios :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Beautiful!

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

He looks like my Gambit!

[​IMG]

What a cutie! Can't wait to see him out of that cup and all colored up =D

4. Jahnikar Member Member

Thank you! The phone pics really don't do him any justice. Right now he's got a faint yellow and tealy-blue body (which appears to be dragonscale) and his fins are a rich easter-yellow fading out into white but with hints of pink along his rays. He's much more yellow than the pics show. He reminds me of sunshine, hence his name ;)

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, gambit doesn't photograph right either LOL A much better pic would have been the one in my avatar. That shows his colors pretty much true. We have almost-twins :p

6. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Looks good :)

7. Borisbbadd Guest

Very pretty !!!

8. Jahnikar Member Member

I'm a happy, happy camper tonight! My boyfriend gave me his old 10 gallon snake tank so I cleaned it out and divided it for my bettas. Jaws (the blue and orange VT) and Helios (the halfmoon) are officially moved into their new home after about 3 hours of musical tanks lol. And naturally, I have pics! And this time I used my camera to get good pics and show off Helios' true colors. All pics of him were taken with no flash, just light from the hood and a light in the room.

The tank setup:
    [​IMG]

Helios:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boys:
    [​IMG]

Haha full beard shot!
    [​IMG]

9. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Please tell me bleached the bejeezus out of that tank before you put your bettas in there! o_O

10. escapay Well Known Member Member

Those bettas are gorgeous!

11. Jahnikar Member Member

Oh absolutely! I spent over an hour bleaching, scrubbing and rinsing. :)

Thank you escapay! Poor Jaws looked so much better before the finrot. I'll be amazed if his tail even looks like a veil tail when it grows back. :(

12. midthought Well Known Member Member

Very pretty tank, Jahnikar! I really love the decor for both sides and that each fish has hiding spots. I have 2 questions for you: first, what did you use to divide the tank? It looks very sturdy. Second, what is that thing to the left in your last pic? The apparatus next to the flaring guy. Just curious.

13. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

That's the heater :;smack

14. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Good. Sorry to react like that, but I once used an old snake tank for fish and it did not end well. It had been sitting outside for several years, so I took it and bleached it repeatedly for three days. I lost every single fish I put into that tank. The water tested perfect every time. Not trying to scare you. Just don't want to the same thing happening to someone else.

15. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Wow! Such pretty bettas. :)

I just love Jaw's coloring.

16. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Great Job.

:;banamanYour Bettas and your tank set-up are fabulous. I think you did a great job. Awesome pictures too. I can never get my pictures to come out that good!! I must have a out dated camera.

17. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Gorgeous bettas!! Musical tanks sounds stressful to me, but also kind of fun. Those are two spanking pretty bettas.

18. Jahnikar Member Member

Thank you! I used this divider. So far I like it :) And yeah, that weird looking thing is my heater ;)

I totally understand. Thank you for your concern :) I'm sorry you had such bad luck. How long after you put the fish in did things start going badly? It's been almost 24 hours now and both boys (and the snail) seem quite content.

Thank you so much! My camera is a few years old now but still takes great pics. It's a just a little 12 mega pixel Kodak from Walmart. It's kinda funny though; both boys are in the same tank, under the same light and I have to photograph them completely different. If I use the flash on Helios, he looks much more green and distorted. If I don't use the flash with Jaws, he just looks like a black fish even though his colors are very apparent.

19. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

It wasn't until the second week of the tank being set up that things started going south. I changed filters thinking it was that. I took out the substrate and decorations. Nothing changed the fact that my fish kept dying.

20. midthought Well Known Member Member

I've never seen such a heater, with the little white decal pattern and whatnot. All my heaters (3-4 of them?) have been Aqueon or Elite. :)