Lovely fish, quite truly lovely. rick

ClearEyes

Cool! Great name, too!

Aloeb1

That's a beautiful fish

Geoff

Looks great! Beautiful fish!

Dom90

Yes I have to agree, that is a beautiful angelfish.

BornThisWayBettas

Gorgeous!

Tdahl09

Thanks guys! I really lucked out when I went to the store and he had just arrived

Live everyday

isacr

Watch out as the tiger barbs may try to nip her fins.

Sent from my HTC One using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

bettamars

So beautiful! Name suits him/her

mammaguppy

Congrats! I currently have a veiled marbled angelfish just like him. He is now three years old and still has never tried to eat my young guppies

Mine is named obsidian

thefishdude277

Whoah, he is BIGGGGGG

Tdahl09

Tiger barbs are afraid of him, he turns to face them anytime they come near him so I think he will be ok. Plus he is so much bigger then them the are intimidated. As soon as I put him in the Tigers started schooling which they never really did before.

He is about 6.5 inches tall!

Live everyday

Dom90

Hmm, do you have him in the 20 gallon stated in your profile? That is way too small for a 6" angelfish.

thefishdude277

Dom90 said:
Hmm, do you have him in the 20 gallon stated in your profile? That is way too small for a 6" angelfish.
This is a 40 gal

Dom90

thefishdude277 said:
This is a 40 gal
Uhh then carry on.. Must've missed where the OP stated that in first post.

Tdahl09

Hasn't added this tank to my profile yet sry

Live everyday

LiterallyHydro

That angelfish is beautiful.

It looks almost exactly like the one I just rehomed yesterday (I didn't have a good home for it anymore after my tank collapsed)

Tdahl09

So the tiger barbs are unfortunately starting to nip the angel, should I try upping the school of barbs or just return the angel?

Live everyday

Coradee

I'd rehome the tiger barbs, even if you got more there's no guarantee they'd leave the angel alone & they may start on other fish, as nice as they are tiger barbs are hit & miss when it comes to nipping other fish even in large numbers

Tdahl09

I'm not getting rid of the barbs I like them but I will return the angel since I just got him. As much as I like him and he is pretty I like the activity of the barbs

Live everyday

Coradee

That's a shame but probably for the best & you could still up the numbers of the barbs, they do look lovely in large schools

Shortfuuzze

I would totally keep the angel over the barbs.....but my opinion is weighted because I currently have a marble angel...not as much black as yours. Mine looks to be about the same size as yours but his fins have a bit more flow/length to them.

I am currently seeking to rehome my angel but am having ZERO luck....Def don't wanna return to store I got him as their tanks look unclean.

I have a sinking feeling I will be buying a new tank soon....not that I really have the room but I will have to figure it out because I'm not gonna leave mine in a small tank.

Long live the anfelfish! Haba

Tdahl09

So he went back to the store today however one of the people that works there is a friend of mine and as soon as I brought him in she fell in love and is taking him home. so at least I know he got a good home

I got 3 more tigers , one of each kind, so now I have a school of 9 but 3 of each variety.

I also decided on an albino rainbow shark so I will be making this a semi- aggressive tank.

Live everyday

BornThisWayBettas

Sorry that you had to let him go. But at least you can rest at ease knowing you were being a good friend by not letting him get beat up.

Tdahl09

Live everyday

Gena

Aww, bye Phantom.

Do you have any Glofish tiger barbs?

Tdahl09

No I don't like glofish because of the process used to make them that way, I have albinos( which they put in glo tanks) , regular tigers, and green moss

Live everyday

BornThisWayBettas

What do you mean? Glofish are born that way!

Gvilleguy

Tdahl09 said:
No I don't like glofish because of the process used to make them that way
The jellyfish gene?

Dom90

The original glofish were genetically altered to cause them to glow that way.

Tdahl09

They are hard to get pics of since they swim so fast! I have 3 of each kind now

Live everyday

Some are genetically modified and some are dyed

Live everyday

BornThisWayBettas

Nope, don't think glofish are dyed.

Gena

Tdahl09 said:
Some are genetically modified and some are dyed

Live everyday
Are you accusing the Glofish Company of dying fish?

Bijou88

No, glofish aren't dyed, they're just genetically modified.

Tdahl09

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, honestly I don't really care where or how they came to be. I'm not a fan if you like them then cool enjoy.

Live everyday

Gvilleguy

Yeah - the only reason I asked is because some people don't understand the origin and think glofish are dyed when they are not. The originals are genetically altered, and then generations of fry are born normally after that. I actually accidentally bred a glofish and a zebra, and the resulting hybrid is my favorite fish!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom