My New Fishy! *pics inside*

  • Thread starter

andiuk

Valued Member
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
166
hello everyone, so this is my first ever siamese fighter fish, called Jupiter... so if anyone wants to PM me some handy tips, then feel free!

anyhoo, here's what he looks like (apologies for shaky images, but im not a very good photographer... infact, im ****!):

40.jpg


41.jpg


42.jpg


43.jpg


enjoy!

Andy
 

genie

Well Known Member
Messages
888
Reaction score
3
Points
178
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, he is so vibrant! Bettas are easy to take care of, as long as you plan on giving them just as much attention as you would a dog or cat. Read about the nitrogen cycle on the Freshwater Beginners Page. That is a wealth of knowledge to help get you started. A variety in the diet is a big thing... my bettas get pellets, bloodworms, daphnia, peas and other fruits and veggies... NOT ALL AT ONCE. Only feed them small amts. b/c their belly is no bigger than their eyeball. Make sure their is NOTHING in his tank that would snag pantyhose b/c it will tear his fins. I can't think of anything else right now, but I am sure that others here can help. ;D
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Welcome to fishlore Jupiter.
 

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
8
Points
208
wow, he is gorgeous!!! Welcome Jupiter & Andiuk!!
 

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Messages
320
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
4 years
Wow, he is pretty. Welcome. I'm new too and learning tons.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

andiuk

Valued Member
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Genie said:
Oh, he is so vibrant! Bettas are easy to take care of, as long as you plan on giving them just as much attention as you would a dog or cat.  Read about the nitrogen cycle on the Freshwater Beginners Page.  That is a wealth of knowledge to help get you started.  A variety in the diet is a big thing... my bettas get pellets, bloodworms, daphnia, peas and other fruits and veggies... NOT ALL AT ONCE.  Only feed them small amts. b/c their belly is no bigger than their eyeball.  Make sure their is NOTHING in his tank that would snag pantyhose b/c it will tear his fins.  I can't think of anything else right now, but I am sure that others here can help. ;D
Thanks Genie... yeah... he was being held captive @ the not-so-good Pet Store where I live, and when I first saw him I thought "oooh, pretty", but he wasn't as bright as he is now! The poor little guy (as it turns out) had white spot too, so I've nursed him back to health, given him his own tank, and now he's all happy and healthy again! yay me!

I know that Jupiter got on fine with the other fish, I'd like to be able to rescue another one, except I only have another small tank which is my quarantine/hospital one... or the big tank, but that one's a little over-crowded at the moment!
 

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
3
Points
208
If you mean you want to rescue another Betta you do know that you can NOT put two Bettas in the same tank, not even a male and female. Bettas don't get along well with most fish other than some peaceful bottom feeders like Otos and Cories. They are best alone in a tank. It would be great if you could rescue another Betta but he or she will need a different tank.
 

Jendayi

Valued Member
Messages
366
Reaction score
2
Points
186
It constantly amazes me how one little fish can come in so many amazing colors and styles. He's so flashy and bright! Very nice looking boy! Congrats on saving him from his little cup of doom...
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

andiuk

Valued Member
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Phloxface said:
If you mean you want to rescue another Betta you do know that you can NOT put two Bettas in the same tank, not even a male and female. Bettas don't get along well with most fish other than some peaceful bottom feeders like Otos and Cories. They are best alone in a tank. It would be great if you could rescue another Betta but he or she will need a different tank.
I know!
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Jendayi said:
It constantly amazes me how one little fish can come in so many amazing colors and styles. He's so flashy and bright! Very nice looking boy! Congrats on saving him from his little cup of doom...
Yea, it's a wonderful thing how these little bundles of personality come in every color and so many color combinations and tail types. Sounds like a good time for more tanks, Andi so you can rescue more bettas. we're hoping a cycling tank hurries up for our newest Betta as he needs a home, but we just couldn't resist him.
 

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Messages
863
Reaction score
6
Points
188
He's awesome! Great colors.
 

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,628
Reaction score
22
Points
358
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is a very lovely betta and so very vibrant and bright. Congratulations.

Rose
 

poppet

Valued Member
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Points
186
Totally awesome fish 8)
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom