my new fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by LOULOU, Apr 23, 2006.

1. LOULOU

LOULOUValued MemberMember

i have been out today and bought 5 neons, 2 pleco, 2 clown loaches, and 2 dalmation mollies, they are all in the new tank swimming around happy as can be. i put my 2 catfish and platty in with them all and they seem much happier than they were before in my old tank. i just cant stop watching them, they are big time wasters. what else can i put in with them, any ideas? i like my fish to be different shapes and colours. xx

2. fish_r_friend

fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

how big is the tank?

3. OP
    OP
    LOULOU

40 gallons.x

4. fish_r_friend

what kind of plecos and you do know that the clown loaches will get 12in right

5. OP
    OP
    LOULOU

no i didnt and bristlenose pleco they dont grow so big do they. the loaches are about an inch long at the moment how long does it take for them to get so big?.x

6. fish_r_friend

no clue just know that they get that big

7. Gunnie

GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Clown loaches will take years to get big

8. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Clown loaches will take years to get to their full size BUT... mine got to six inches in a year. Bristlenose get five-six inches. composition wise your tank sounds very pretty, we need to see pictures :) Just be aware that in a year you are going to be shopping for the Clowns a new home(good excuse for a bigger tank :) )
    Carol