My new fella

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
This is my new guy, currently unnamed (any suggestions?).  Sorry for the darkness of the first picture, I haven't got a program right now that can adjust the lighting since I had to reinstall WinXP.  He's currently in a 1gal quarantine tank.  Its hard to see with the lighting but he's black with white bands on his fins.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Attachments

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
He looks Magnificent! I love the colouring. You just do not see that very often by me. What kind of Betta is he?

He looks like a Sidney to meJ But its up to you to name him. I to am trying to name my little betta no luck for me yetJ

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive. By the time one of my other ones that I got very young was that size, he had an obvious veiltail (combtail var.). So I suspect he's a delta. We rarely see that coloring around here, which is why I just had to get him. Also got for various other tanks three cories (currently looking up what type it is, the LFS called it a punctatus catfish but I know that's not right), an SAE and three rosy barbs to munch on some BBA. And a ton of plants for my A.modestus and blue betta (Oscar) tanks.

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
GORGEOUS!!

Names? Hmmm...

Parchment
Nassum
Rindire
Shadow

:) I know (again), weird. I can't explain why these names come to me like they do.

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Oddly enough though, I think he's going to be Phil. That was the first name that came to me when I saw him for some odd reason, and he just seems like a Phil.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Phil is a good name for him and we do welcome him to the community. He is a lovely melano color and probably like you say shows all the characteristics of a budding Delta. He is going to be a real beauty, even more than he is now.

Congratulations, I hope you have a fine time with him. Melanos do have a rep for being feisty and fun.

Rose

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures of him. He's darker than he looks in the pictures, its just cuz of the flash. He seems to be settling in nicely though. The surface is absolutely covered in bubbles.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom