My New Catfish.

Aquaholic3

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here and I thought I would show off my new Catfish. I am picking up another on Saturday. They can live in saltwater or freshwater and can get upto 3ft but the usual sizes are around 2ft.
20171116_194233.jpg
He is still stressed from the move so he is a bit pale but he will get a lot darker.

The tank he was in was very dirty. The Nitrates were off the scale and the water he was in was filthy.

Mike1995

do you plan to put him in like a 300 gallon tank? otherwise that's not very smart

2211Nighthawk

What kind? Looks like a channel cat. And where did you hear about them living in fresh or salt? Almost 0 fish species can do that, catfish least of all. Maybe brackish water but not salt.

Aquaholic3

You mean he won't fit in my 10g? Haha

It's not about volume as much as its about dimensions. A 300g is too small at only 2ft wide, you need something more than 3ft wide and about 8ft long IMO.

2211Nighthawk

In other words you have a small lake in your basement?

Aquaholic3

Nope, in my fish room. I haven't built it yet as the fish are not large enough. It will be years before they need a tank that big, for now they are in quarantine and once done they will go into my display tank.

Aquaholic3

It's not a channel catfish, it's actually a Salmon catfish, not very well know outside Australia.

2211Nighthawk

Oh cool.

Mike1995

You mean he won't fit in my 10g? Haha

It's not about volume as much as its about dimensions. A 300g is too small at only 2ft wide, you need something more than 3ft wide and about 8ft long IMO.

lol I was just making a generalization

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tigertrackz
Replies
Views
RDcompton03
Replies
Views
SM1199
Replies