My New Bowfront

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK, this is my new tank, and a couple pics of the new fish... I'll post more, if I can ever get them to slow down... lol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice looking tank, those bright green plants sure do draw your attention to the center. Good job

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I hadn't really thought of it like that, but your right... The darker ones at the sides were more to hide the heater and filter intake

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Great-looking tank! Looks very natural. Love your Angelfish

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I have 2 more, both veiltailed, 1 tiger and 1 marbled, but I can't get a good pic of them... they won't stay still long enough! lol
The tiger and the gold are already hanging out a lot. I hope they pair, they'd make a great couple...

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Your tank is awesome. I love your angelfish its so cute. I also like the broken cup in the middle of your tank

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They could be a pair if they swim together all the time. How old are they? Angels start breeding at around 10 -12 months of age (could be a bit earlier than that too). Veiltails are beautiful. I also have one Veiltail - he is a gold and pearly veiltail. He and a Blue Blushing mom had babies about a year ago, and some of the babies had long fins while others had regular-length fins. The babies were mixed - they had some features from the dad and some from the mom. I left myself 2 of the babies, one short-finned and the other long-finned.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know how old... both are about the size of a nickle, not counting their fins...

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh, they're still young Probably about 4 - 5 months of age, or so. When they get past the quarter size and are around 5 inches, that's when they're adult. Some Angels may be larger than 5 inches, some may be a bit smaller.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
lolagurl, I don't usually like fake ornaments... no offence to anyone that has them, but I think a 2 foot long underwater castle looks kinda stupid. However, I saw this exact same bowl on someone else's tank here, and really liked it. I figured it was life sized, and could be something dropped centuries before into a river by a native American or something...
Then a few days later I came across it at the LFS and I knew I had to own it.... lol

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love bowfront tanks, yours looks really cool with all those plants.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great job on the bowfront!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom