My new betta!

1. David C Well Known Member Member

After my poor betta passed a week ago, I finally got a new one. He is a gorgeous white crowntail. I already have him in his new home and he seems very happy enjoying the tunnels and the plants, I guess 6.6gal is a little bigger than the death cup at PetCo. I'll post pictures as soon as I recharge the batteries for the 'ol camera.

I also picked up a new aquaclear 20 filter to replace the junky one that came with the bookshelf tank, figured might as well go all out for this guy. (I of course have the old media in the new filter for seeding purposes).

Dave

2. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics!!

3. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Also can't wait for the pictures! What is your new bettas name?

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations! He sounds beautiful!

5. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Hope to see some pics soon
    CB

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah!!!!!!!! I am really enjoying my 6.6g book shelf tank. I believe my betta boy Wriggley is as well. I'll be looking forward to your photos!
    Ken

7. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Congratulations! My Louie loves his 6.6 bookshelf tank.

8. Seatown12 Member Member

Can't wait for pics.

9. Romad Initiate Member

Congrats. You don't find many white bettas around here so I can't wait to see him.

10. Borisbbadd Guest

Happy new betta............:;th

11. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats!!! new bettas are always fun :)

12. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

I can't wait to see him! He needs to be introduced to us all! :)

13. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Look forward to your pictures, and one question: Can a betta do well in a small 1.5 gallon tank? By what others have I am wondering if that is too small, I don't like to see them in a cup(mean!) but I thought they got stressed if the tank was too big. How about 3 gallons?

14. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

i wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 2.5 gallons for a betta, and even that i think is a bit too small (and i can tell you from experience they are a pain to keep clean!). 5 gallons or more is really best for them :)