My new Betta

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, I know that this may sound hard, but I cannot face the thought of an empty tank and I went to eBay this afternoon and got another Betta to replace Noel. Noel would not care and I do not think he would want me to be sad. It is natural and the normal thing in this home to have Bettas in every tank and I could not stand the thought of a tank without one. So here is my new little guy who will be here in a short time and while he will not be the same as Noel and will never take his place in my heart, he can take the place he occupied in the tank after his quarantine and hopefully be as happy as I believe that Noel was while he was with us.

Rose

divakeeks

Reaction score
He is beautiful! I agree that although all our bettas will always hold a place in our hearts it is easier to "replace" the fish so as to not have an empty tank than to have to stare at the empty tank as a constant reminder of what once was.

I'm not sure if that made sense but in my head it did.

Let me know when you get him and how he's doing. (And let us know how YOU are doing as well!!)

fish_r_friend

Well Known
Reaction score
what a handsome Betta, is he a supper Delta? Have you thought of a name for such a beautiful betta

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I will have to admit to still being very hurt and devastated by the loss of 2 of my little ones this week.  I get so terribly wrapped up in them and their lives and it is like loosing a child.  

I have not thought of a name and have thought of doing like so many of you have done this last few weeks and wait until he gets here and take some pictures and then let the floor be opened to some suggestions for good names.  I had names picked out for all my others before they got here but this little guy does not have a name come to mind.  

He is a show Delta.  I believe from the description that he could be a Super Delta but since it doesn't particularly say it I hesitate to call him one.  It does say though that he is show quality although he will probably never see a show.  As long as he is just content to be a little friend to me and my Otos and Snails in the tank he will live in, I will be happy.

I sent the payment this afternoon by Pay Pal so it will not need to be held to clear the bank. They ship on Monday - Thursday so I imagine that he will be shipped out on Monday and they said most places arrive overnight so I would guess he will arrive Tuesday. Good thing I have an extra Bio-Spira in the fridge.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
Rose he is so beautiful. It makes me want a betta, but I'm going to wait a little longer before getting one. I'm sure he will be very happy in his new home.

Gwenz

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Rose I hope you really enjoy him. He's a lovely fish. I'm sure you'll take wonderful care of him and have a good time with him in your house.

New Threads