My new betta - what am I and whats my name???

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my new little one - his home is a 15 gallon planted tank with black sand. He a friend with him - a Cory cat named Watson... please let me know if this little one is a half moon or delta and I haven't thought of a name for him. Can you help me out???

I really tried to get a good picture of his tail, when he flares it opens up exactly like a half circle.

thanks!
Kerry

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice pictures and nice colours. chickadee (Rose) can tell you a lot more than I about his type. What kind of personality does he have, or do you know yet?

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
He seems very laid back, in the store he was in big tank with about 20 mollies and 10 zebra danios. he just swam around chilling 8) even now in his 15 he hardly looks at Watson.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is a very good looking Betta. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He looks like a Halfmoon SuperDelta geno to me. They are just regular Halmoons with a bit more hype to it. Most real Halfmoons will be just as you said, a perfect half circle. I think he looks almost like Alexander did when I first got him. He has more finnage to develop yet..he is spectacular .

He needs a good name and since you have WATSON in there with him, how about HOLMES or SHERLOCK? I am trying to come up with a name for one too and my family is pushing for me to name it JT..family member . Then I have one that will be acquired for Marty's tank but I am not up to that at the moment. Maybe later.

He is a gorgeous fish, it is too bad that he will not play with your other two.

You can be very proud of him. Welcome, little man, you be sure to let us welcome you properly when you are named too.

Rose

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
He's wonderful kerryve !  I love the green. GREAT tank for him...lucky dog...erm, I mean Betta

I liked Rose's name suggestion.  He looks like a snooping Holmes or Sherlock, heh.

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
he is a really nice looking betta!( cute danio too lol) Congrats! Sorry but i can't really help on the name thing ... Congrats though! Miley

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gorgeous fishy!! Is it just me or does he have some lighter bands on his body? It looks really cool.

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks I had really hoped he was a halfmoon even better to hear hes a halfmoon superdelta! I like the name Sherlock!!! I named the cory watson, cos of his little wiskers he really reminded me of sherlocks partner - why i never thought of sherlock i have no idea!!!

His body is also very bright, and he has a black patch on his head, its actually really cute!!! hes so gorgeous, sorry but im such a proud little betta mommy!!!

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
No apology necessary ... with a beauty like that, it's perfectly understandable to be proud!!

WELCOME SHERLOCK!!!

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you divakeeks! Sherlock says thank you!!! hehe!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just cannot believe it!! Alexander has a black head too! It must be a particular trait for that type or thread of their evolution. They are practically twins. I can certainly understand the temptation to be proud, I find myself slipping into the same thing.

He is one gorgeous betta and would make wonderful babies. It has me really excited that you are going to try to breed him, I sure wish I could afford the set-up and had the space and ability to handle it. I am just afraid my energy level is not good enough to do it.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sherlock is absolutely gorgeous!  He posed nicely for you too.  A warm welcome to both of you!!!  (((((Kerry and Sherlock!!!)))))

CherryRose   ;D

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Breeding Bettas really does take it out of ya! They must be twins!!! hehe Imagine if I had called him Alexander? I was contemplating it and decided to name my other cory Alex. 

Luckily for me lots of friends donate their tanks once the novelty wares off, sad but nice for me.  so Im fully prepared, I'm just really scared of losing him in the process but ill make sure im there the whole time so I can watch them closely.  Just waiting to get a female HM, the store here says theyre in contact with a breeder who imports different strains.  So Lets keep our fingers crossed. I think theyre under new management cos  a few months ago they wouldnt have known anything about the strains of Bettas or even what a Betta Splendens is.  They refer to them as Siamese Fighters here.  But I dont really like that name cos theres a lot more to them than their fighting capabilities.

Sherlock seems so happy in his new home and I tried him with some Long finned Zebra Danios, (I knew he might not get along with them) But He seemes so comfortable in his home, hes nosey too, hes always inspecting the filter and heater and he tells me when the temp isnt set to his specifications.  Hes actually quite bossy, you can almost see him telling Watson to clean that little bit of shrimp on the sand, immediately Watson rushes up to the shrimp and gulps it down.

Cute heh?

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
It is an AWESOME betta.

And your question, you are a human and your name is kerryve.  ;D ;D

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hehe, Yip im Human, unfortunatly... Id love to be one of my fish!!! and my name is Kerry, Yip!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alex sleeps under the airstone with the Otos. He loves them literally. It is so cute it is almost shocking. Blaze is not to be bothered. I can hardly wait for JT and Andrew to get here and last night I gave in and bought 2 more Botia sidthimunki Loaches. Another tank...but I have to get ready for another betta as I am GOING to have a betta like the one I looked at that was like Marty Jr. if I have to go find one myself.

Rose

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Its really contageous!!!

If you keep your eyes open im sure you will get your hands on another Marty Jr.

Its funny how these little things make the stranges friends!!! BTW im not being mean by not having posted pics of piggy and fasto yet, all the pics ive taken of them really dont do them justice, they always on opposite sides of the tank or they squabbling at feeding times. I want a nice one of them together, I tried to get one yesterday evening, they looked like they were kissing but i was too slow. But i promise you ill make it worth the wait! hehe I think they are enjoying all the space in their new tank.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is okay. The picture of 2 males getting along is worth the wait...I can hardly imagine after seeing Alex throw a hissy fit over just seeing Blaze in the next tank. Well he better get used to it because he is going to have more company on his other side with Marty Jr (if I find one) or Andy (if I cannot).

Rose

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome Sherlock!  I really like his color, Kerry.

Mike

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom