My new betta Pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I finally got some good pics and had the time to resize them so I could post them. I got him from Petco and it was his pretty blue eyes that I fell in love with. I think his colors are looking brighter already and Ive only had him for 2 days! He still needs a name, any suggestions?

He is still clamping his ventral fins most of the time... so its hard to see but they have bright very light blue tips.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
bettaloulou

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks! He was sold as a halfmoon, but i really havent seen his tail spread to anywhere near 180 degrees yet, but it seems like it might be able to...not sure.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He's a delta tail for sure, probably super delta. I don't know if he's an HM or not, he could be from and HM spawn (a lot of super delta's are) pretty boy either way

OP
bettaloulou

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you! I got him from Petco, but even though he is beautiful, I dont know if I'll ever get another from there...his cup water had an ammonia reading of 8. I couldnt believe he could survive in that. I really hope there was some sort of ammo lock or something in there

And a question...how old do you think he is? He is very small, im just curious if he will get bigger or if that is just his size.

Last edited:

uprightandlocked

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well, some bettas are small and stay small. My boy Eos was bought from a LFS who gets their bettas from a local breeder and he was SO tiny when I bought him. Today, he is still just half the size of Braniff, also a LFS find. He may always stay that way, especially since petstore bettas tend to be older than those on sites like aquabid, he could be "full grown" already!

OP
bettaloulou

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks again! I did notice his tailfin flaring larger this morning and last night, almost to halfmoon but im still not quite sure.

Im fine if he stays small, thats just means he will be more comfy in his tank. I really like this little guy, he is so tenacious, not scared of me at all. He sees me coming and swims up to the front of his little bowl to beg for food already--it's so cute! Not to brag, but i could tell he was special when I first saw him in that store. ;D I kept going back to see him. So it worked out and I was happy when I was outbid on Aquabid. I went back and got him that day!

Poor guy still needs a name though...Flame is a cool name, Charlemagne, but im just not sure...lol it always takes me forever to name my pets! I cant imagine how bad it will be when i have a kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom