My new betta Pics :)

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by bettaloulou, Apr 13, 2010.

1. bettaloulou

bettaloulouValued MemberMember

So I finally got some good pics and had the time to resize them so I could post them. I got him from Petco and it was his pretty blue eyes that I fell in love with. I think his colors are looking brighter already and Ive only had him for 2 days! He still needs a name, any suggestions?

He is still clamping his ventral fins most of the time... so its hard to see but they have bright very light blue tips.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. gzarrValued MemberMember

He's very handsome! What type of betta is that? The bubbles make for a really cool photo. Congratulations!

3. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Good pics :p
    He's definetly a pretty boy :D

4. OP
    OP
    bettaloulou

Thanks! He was sold as a halfmoon, but i really havent seen his tail spread to anywhere near 180 degrees yet, but it seems like it might be able to...not sure.

5. CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Awesome betta!!!!! Perhaps Flame as a name? Great pics btw.

6. Red1313

He's a delta tail for sure, probably super delta. I don't know if he's an HM or not, he could be from and HM spawn (a lot of super delta's are) pretty boy either way :p

7. uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

BEAUTIFUL betta! Where did you get him from? I love his deep red coloring.

8. OP
    OP
    bettaloulou

Thank you! I got him from Petco, but even though he is beautiful, I dont know if I'll ever get another from there...his cup water had an ammonia reading of 8. I couldnt believe he could survive in that. I really hope there was some sort of ammo lock or something in there :(

And a question...how old do you think he is? He is very small, im just curious if he will get bigger or if that is just his size.:;dk

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  9. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Ohhh theres the little ammonia kid. And just to say wow, He is a good looking betta for a cup baby. Very nice Betta! I have to agree with Red. I'm thinking super delta...

10. rae64

rae64Well Known MemberMember

Beautiful boy! Love his blue eyes!!!

11. uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Well, some bettas are small and stay small. My boy Eos was bought from a LFS who gets their bettas from a local breeder and he was SO tiny when I bought him. Today, he is still just half the size of Braniff, also a LFS find. He may always stay that way, especially since petstore bettas tend to be older than those on sites like aquabid, he could be "full grown" already!

12. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_DonWell Known MemberMember

Very Nice Betta :;toast

13. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

14. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Lovely boy, glad to see him doing so well after all that!

15. OP
    OP
    bettaloulou

Thanks again! I did notice his tailfin flaring larger this morning and last night, almost to halfmoon but im still not quite sure.

Im fine if he stays small, thats just means he will be more comfy in his tank. I really like this little guy, he is so tenacious, not scared of me at all. He sees me coming and swims up to the front of his little bowl to beg for food already--it's so cute! Not to brag, but i could tell he was special when I first saw him in that store. ;D I kept going back to see him. So it worked out and I was happy when I was outbid on Aquabid. I went back and got him that day!

Poor guy still needs a name though...Flame is a cool name, Charlemagne, but im just not sure...lol it always takes me forever to name my pets! I cant imagine how bad it will be when i have a kid!

16. Red1313

Blaze, Ember, Bloodfire, Bonfine, Crimson, Ellboy.... :p

17. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good afternoon!

Thanks for sharing the photos. You have 1 beautiful betta there! :)

Ken

18. allibobs

allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Awwwww he's soooo pretty

19. cajunfiberco

cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

He looks like a Rocky to me :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice