My New Betta. Haven’t Named Him Yet.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by thatoneguy99, Jan 16, 2019.

1. thatoneguy99

thatoneguy99Valued MemberMember

I just wanted everyone to see my tank and my new betta friend.
    After losing my patience with the cycle, and my ammonia being at 4ppm for what felt like a year. I did several water changes, brought my ammonia down to almost zero (little more yellow/green than .25 but not much) and grabbed a bottle of TSS.
    He seems to be doing ok and has been exploring the tank quite a bit. Not hanging out in one spot. I will keep an eye on him as time goes on.
    Thanks for looking.
    IMG_4680.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4682.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG

2. OP
    OP
    thatoneguy99

My kids just informed me his name is Triton. Like “King Triton”.

3. LeBreevee

LeBreeveeValued MemberMember

What a beautiful boy! Anywhere seems better then the cups in the petstore honestly. I know in the winter the fish being sold can be a lot less hardy, so I hope everything goes well!

If you get the chance I would get some seachem prime, that stuff works wonders on knocking out ammonia.

Your kids have a great naming sense!

4. Repolie

RepolieWell Known MemberMember

Nice! You may want things closer to the surface for him to rest at.

5. LeBreevee

Agreed, they actually sell “betta leaves” which just kind of suction to the side of the aquarium for them to rest on.

6. Dawn Michele

Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful Tank & Betta!!!!

7. OP
    OP
    thatoneguy99

I saw that betta leaf “bed” thing today when I was looking at plant anchors on Amazon. I’ll have to get me one. I also have Prime and use it every time I do any water changes. I’m going to try my very hardest to do the “add TSS” and don’t take a reading for 14 days. I don’t know if I can do it. I just got the mint Charlie plant today. I hope it does well. I got rid of all of my anacharis as I didn’t like it floating and it wasn’t doing so well. I may try again once I get some anchors.

8. LeBreevee

Try seachem stability, its similar to TSS, but you can’t overdose on Stability.

The leaf bed is a favorite of my roommates betta :3

If you have live plants may I reccomend java ferns? They are very hardy and will multiply on their own.

9. OP
    OP
    thatoneguy99

From everything I read you can on Stability and not on TSS.

10. LeBreevee

Really? Odd, on the back of the bottle Stability says you can’t overdose.

You can certianly overdose on seachem prime, but stability is just bacteria.

11. OP
    OP
    thatoneguy99

Maybe same applies with TSS because it’s the same thing. Just bacteria. Also read that stability is not the bacteria you need/want during a cycle. I dunno. I’m new. Lol

12. LeBreevee

My tank is already cycled, so I just add a bit after each water change. I used TSS to start my tank tho, so whatever works!

13. Bubbles_and_Fins

Bubbles_and_FinsWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful boy! Can’t wait to see him fattened up and happy in a big home!

14. OP
    OP
    thatoneguy99

Thank you. Me either!

15. NanaW

NanaWWell Known MemberMember

Love your fish and your avatar lol

16. Swlws

SwlwsWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful boy and a fitting name for him :D

17. OP
    OP
    thatoneguy99

Just shy of 5 days having him and he’s soo cool. The feeding ring was a must.

IMG_4708.JPG