my new baby..

1. HappyKnitter Member Member

He/she is all of 2 inches . I went to my local pet store ask why I had a leach in my blackworms I bought from them ..Got distracted at their tanks and saw this little guy waiting for me. Right now he is my 29 gal QT with a bunch or two of anachris .

newbaby.jpg .

2. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

Awww, he's a cutie!! Congratulations on your new baby!

3. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

So lovely! Congrats.xx

4. claireputput Well Known Member Member

:)

5. Fishy Friends Well Known Member Member

SO cute! He reminds me of Chocolate Chip Ice Cream☺

6. HappyKnitter Member Member

7. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

I told you this already I know but he's pretty cute. And I'm terribly jelly of all you people and your healthy fish :)

8. HappyKnitter Member Member

poeticinjustices no reson to be ..everybody has their ups and downs. Remember I have been working on two goldfish that came to me with no fins and still working on it. :console:

9. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Yeeeeah. But SEPTICEMIA? I mean come on, really?! And I didn't rescue these fish lol. I bought them.

10. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

He looks like a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. Love it.

11. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Oh cookies and ice cream! So right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

12. HappyKnitter Member Member

Sake still in QT doing good. Loves to eat my plants :( but thats ok .. I am trying not to go back to pet store and buy the other little lionchu..:nono:

sakepeek.jpg

sakeaug2.jpg

13. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

I love how his face is changing! He's so bloomin' cute!! I need to squidge his cheeks!!!!!!!

14. HappyKnitter Member Member

LOL hollie1505 yeah his face has become yellow.. So I really thisk he is a lemmonhead/calico. He does have a tiny bit of orange in one of his scales.He has a little wen I feel so bad that he is in that 29gal all alone ..lol

15. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

He does definitely looks like he's got some lemonhead in there!

I hate having babies in QT all alone but it is so lovely when they finally get together with their new pals. Especially with Goldies, they seem to really appreciate it :)

He is going to look so wonderful in your main tank, I cant wait to see him in there.. Can't imagine how excited you are!xx

16. HappyKnitter Member Member

Little Sake has ick...I noticed this morning. He has it on his fins It is so hard to notice on him since he is tiny and mostly white. I am doing the raising of the temputure first and I don't see improvement I'll start a stronger dose of salt in the tank. He is still in Qt so it is just him so far .

17. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Get well soon little Sake!xx

18. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

So cute, I agree you might have a little lemon head there. Do you know how old he is? The lemon head coloring might come out with some different foods. From the lemon head I just bought from ECR she feeds them NLS +A, Vitachem, Frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp (per the care sheet she sent.) So maybe if you combine those things you could get the coloring to show more as he/she ages :)

Best of luck with the Ich

19. HappyKnitter Member Member

He is about 4 months and am feeding all my guys NLS +A blood and black worms , brine shrimp and some veggies.

20. millca Member Member

He is adorable. I hope you can get rid of the Ich quickly.

I'm learning as much as I can about ranchu fry raising as I've been blessed with 10 ranchu fry from EastCoastRanchu a few weeks back. One thing the care sheet states is to keep the fry in about 6 inches of water until they are about 3.5-4" long:

It seemed like your ranchu was really struggling to reach the top of the tank in the first video. So I wanted to pass along this tip. Also, the breeder suggested 80-100% water change everyday while they are young and to use sponge filters. I don't know what kind of filtration is on your tank but figured I would pass that along as well. Fresh water will help them stay healthy and promote their wen growth and development because every time you change the water, you give them new electrolytes.

Congrats are your new little fellow! He is so cute. I just love ranchus!