My new babies!

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here's Simon (the little orange guy) and River (The white one with the orange tail). They were supposed to be a blue oranda - I promised myself a blue oranda because my rescue fish died and I was unhappy that I wouldn't get to have a goldfish for the rest of the semester. Well, there is no blue oranda but these two are cute!!!

schiz

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about the rescue fish not making it, I have a similar situation with a Lionhead goldfish at one of our local Wal-Marts I have to go visit him every day to see if he is feeling better. He is a bright silver and so small, and in with two koi over a foot long. But even though I am a wonder with budgeting money, err...sometimes, I can not seem to find enough for at least a 20 gallon long and a filter so best I can do is visit. But the new ones look very pretty or handsome whichever may be the case.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are you sure that it's an oranda? I don't see any head growth but maybe it's because it's young...

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
lol, no neither is an oranda - I was GOING to get an oranda, but came home with a fantail and a ryukin. Though River totally lacks the ryukin hump, too... Anybody know if those develope further as they get older? I don't have a problem with her not having one, just curious.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
emilai333 said:
  Though River totally lacks the ryukin hump, too...  Anybody know if those develope further as they get older?  I don't have a problem with her not having one, just curious.
It should develop as he gets older.

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
sweet, I'm looking forward to watching them develop.

In other news, I did my good deed for the day in the form of giving information to a family who won fish at a carnival. they came in to the hardware store to ask if we had anything they could use as a fish bowl for a goldfish. We don't actually have anything (I've been known to use the giant collection jars (5 gallon) for bettas, and my grow out tank that the goldies are in at the moment is just a rubbermaid tub), but I pointed them in the direction of an actual tank from Wal Mart, citing the incredible changes that I've seen in my bettas going between a cup and a 1gallon jar, and again moving up to the divided tank. They said as long as the fish survived long enough, they would get a tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom