My new babies!

1. Elvishswimmer Member Member

Well,

After all my fuss about having ill/injured fish from travel. I finally have my fish settled in for the most part!

And I have a few pictures. I took quite a few more, but I think these show them off the best:

This is Leon the pearscale. Boyfriend named him, and insisits his full name is Leon Goldy.
    1.png

This is Vesper the Black Moor, named after the Bond Girl:
    2.png
    3.png

And this is Meeko, the Ranchu with the floating problem.
    Him swimming:
    4.png
    And Floating
    5.png

Some Group shots:
    6.png
    7.png

And a full tank pic:
    8.png

I had that breeding basket because Meeko was having trouble getting food, but he is much better now, and finds away to sneak around the bullies to get his food. I should have taken it out for the picture, but oh well, I don't have the camera anymore so its the best I can do.

So that is them :D
    Vesper is currently in a 10G hospital tank being treated for a few things, but she has healed up really fast and will probably be back in the tank in a week or two. I'm sure she'll be happier with more swimming room.

Edit:
    I forgot to mention, but my tank is cycled now too!
    I'm not sure if the TSS did it, or if it did it on its own, but it got it done.
    The reason why I'm doubting the TSS is because it was partially cycled before (My ammonia was being processed, but not nitrites), and after I added the fish and TSS I did everything bad for it.
    I added medication 2 days after, then did a water change. Then I moved a sponge into the hospital tank, and then after 5 days with still 0.25ppm nitrites I thought I would just dose it with Prime, because I thought the TSS was ruined anyways and wanted to be safe. And then what do you know, but the day after I put in Prime, everything came out right!
    Woohoo!

Hospital tank isn't the best(0.25 nitrites and ammonia), but I'm doing daily 30% waterchanges with Prime.

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Your new babies are beautiful! I really like the pearlscale. Glad everything is turning out good for ya and the new finned babies.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Your babies are so pretty.
    I'm glad things are looking up and you're able to enjoy your fish!

4. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I love the pearlscale, so glad they all are doing better............

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

they are adorable! i love goldies :) as far as the floating problem you could fast the little ranchu (btw, they are my FAV type of fancy goldy ;)) for a few days untill his swim bladder goes back to normal

6. Elvishswimmer Member Member

Thanks guys!

The Ranchu got the swim bladder problem because of an injury, not constipation. I ordered him over the mail and so he had been fasted for 4 days by the time I got him. The breeder said he was fine when he left, and since when I opened the package when I got him, and he was floating, I assumed it was from an injury during the holiday mail rush.
    He may recover, but he may not. He is pooping though, and eating lots of peas, so I know its not constipation. Over time he might recover, but it will take a while if it does.

I love Ranchu's too! I'm sad he has been injured after I specially picked him out. My boyfriend thinks that Leon is the best though XD

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Elvish. Your tank and fish are beautiful! I'm glad to hear things are looking better!
    Ken

8. shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

I love your Tank :) and your new Babies are all adorable :) Congrats and enjoy!!!I hope your little Ranchu recovers :)

9. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Very nice looking fish and tank, enjoy.

10. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Gorgeous!
    Glad to hear you babies have settled in well :)

11. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

nice fish there!!!

Be careful of any sharp objects in the tank...besides their eyes getting damaged, I have read that Pearlscales won't grow back those nice scales if the lose any!! They just get regular flat scales!! True or false?? so just be watchful.

12. yukoandk Member Member

Hello! Great to hear your fish are settling in nicely. I love the deep black of Vesper. The place you got them from, do they happen to have a website? I'm just curious to check them out.

13. Elvishswimmer Member Member

I do!
    Steve is a great guy, and has very beautiful fish!
    http://www.raingarden.us/index.htm

Vesper is very black, but does have the odd golden scale which makes me think as she grows she will go more brassy, but that is ok!

Thanks you guys! And yes, pearlscales if they lose a scale will not grow it back as a pearl but as a regular scale! I have double checked all the decorations and they are all very soft or not pokey and harmelss.

14. Elvishswimmer Member Member

video!!

I made a movie of my guys :)

179.jpg

15. yukoandk Member Member

Aww, they are gorgeous! Thank you for the link!

16. click Well Known Member Member

Wow, they are so cute. I'm glad your tank finally cycled, I know you've been waiting for that for a while now. The tank looks amazing. Great job.:;perfect

17. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They're so cute! Thanks for sharing.

18. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Adorable! Vesper has some gorgeous fins :D
    lol... you natarate like me :p