My New Assassin Snails

Discussion in 'Snails' started by AQUA_LOVER, Apr 22, 2018.

1. AQUA_LOVERWell Known MemberMember

It seems my new assassin snails are doing the beast with 2 shells and lots of wiggly appendages. I haven't had them much more than a week. 20180422_134431.jpg

2. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

nice. i really like those but i have red cherry shrimp and they are known for attacking shrimps.

3. BiggerIsBettaValued MemberMember

Wait till you have babies! I remember the first time I found a baby assassin snail I was so proud and it wasn't even my child lol

4. sfsammWell Known MemberMember

I have them with cherries and in over a year I've only ever seen them catch one shrimp... I more often see the shrimp riding them around. The one shrimp they caught was likely sick and whole they're there my shrimp population has continued to expand just as quickly as before I added them. If you have a healthy shrimp population assassins likely aren't going to make an impact even of they do happen occasionally across an unlucky shrimp when they are hunting. :)

5. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

My assassins are all in with cherries.
    Would like to eat them, but I've never seen one being caught or eaten. In my opinion cherries are by far too fast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice