My new angels

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by llfish, Nov 28, 2012.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

I had the Koi for about a week and yesturday I saw the other guy and just had to take him, I am not sure what kind he is he seems to have veil tail. I have these 2 right now in my 36g with a school of rasboras and 4 albino corys ( The will be going into my new 125g after Christmas.) So meet Tom and Jerry. I did my best to sex them I think I might be right, if I am not please chime in! Can you tell my kids named them.

This is Jerry my newer one..sex and type if you can. I think he is a male

Jerry
    IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG

Tom
    IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG

I am leaning on Tom being female

Thanks for your help and time!

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Pretty fish! Jerry is a male widefin Smokey angelfish. Tom is a male marble angelfish. Probably a gold marble.

3. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Jerry looks like he is a Jeri to me. I'm not an expert, but he looks very female, lol. Your Tom appears male though. I'm not 100% confident in my picks!

4. OP
    OP
    llfish

Well at least I had one right! Tom was sold as Koi angels (20 bucks) I loved his coloring! Thank you ;)

5. nippybetta

nippybetta Well Known Member Member

I love Tom. They're both very beautiful fish. You'll discover soon just how much fin angels are, if you've never had them before...

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats on the new Angels!

Beautiful :)

Ken

7. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Beautiful fish! I love angels.

8. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Very pretty angels, I like em' :;th

9. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Hmm... Could be :). Some koi have so much black on them that they look like marbles to me. I always get the two mixed up. He probably is a Koi.

10. OP
    OP
    llfish

All the other ones in the tanks were more "koi" looking with very little black and more white and yellow. I picked this one because of his black marble looking.

11. Gamer

Gamer Well Known Member Member

Great fish, I love angels.

12. oscardude

oscardude Valued Member Member

I love em. I just got 4 koi. I love to just wat,h them swim around. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice