My new Angelfish

1. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Finally, my last angel, making it6 again!

This one is a real beauty!!!! Got him/her from a local discus breeder who also happens to get in special shipments of angels and plecos. I also picked up some more plants for the 20 and 75 :D

He/she is a Rainbow Pinoy Paraibas, veil tail. I'm so happy I finally got him!

photo (27).JPG photo (26).JPG photo (25).JPG

2. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Great find!

3. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

That means a lot coming from you Dena, thanks! ;)

He's a little tattered, as they were working out the order of things in his group, but he will be just fine in no time!

4. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Gorgeous angel! I'm very jealous :)

5. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Thanks J! I can't wait for him to get bigger ;)

6. streetdog Member Member

1 Wory Beautiful!
    Wish I had one like him! I am jealous. :(

7. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Thanks streetdog! ;)

8. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

New pictures?

9. fresh water Member Member

You finally found one you like. Congratulations very pretty. Which tank did you put it in?

Oh and BTW I just got 5 new Angels last week. I will have to get some pictures

10. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

I did! His* face is not as cute as some angels, (his mouth is very pointy!)lol but his colours are striking! I'm happy with my group. Except the platinum is not growing as well as the others. They are in the 30 for now, (75 soon) and I added the new paraibas to her side of the divided tank. I was worried she* was not getting enough to eat, as 2 of the other angels Cooper and Damian, are very dominant.
    I think I may have been right because she was more relaxed on her own, and now the new one bullies her - but she still eats fine.
    Anyway, as per request, J, I have a few more pics, but they are not very good. There was too much reflection, and too many excited angels!

Whoo hoo! You got some angels! :D You definitely need to post pics! :D Where are they being kept?

1st pic: Paraibas (doesn't have a name yet!) and Pearl

2nd:Cooper
    Dena and J - what do you think this is? I thought unturned half black,(blushing) but now he's showing patches of colour and almost looks part rainbow to me?

3rd:pearl, 4th: new guy

Attached Files:

11. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

and a few more . . .

2nd pic here shows Damian, and Dante above (black lace) and Pearl on the other side.

Attached Files:

12. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Very pretty! I like your Platinum. Cooper looks to be a German Blue Angel.

13. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Amazing! You weren't kidding when you said the new guy is a real beauty.

14. fresh water Member Member

That is a nice group of Angels. It would be nice to see them all happy in the 75g together. You could have some interesting pairs. My new ones are all in the 165g with the adults, so far so good they all get along.

15. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

That is exactly what I was thinking!

16. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Thanks everyone!
    Fresh - 165g!! Im sooooo jealous! lol

I took some more pics with my camera (instead of camera phone) and they turned out much better. :) The photos taken with a flash really show the spotting well.
    I also have a few better ones of Cooper - it shows some gold spots - under belly and face. And he seems to be developing a rather prominent bump at the start of his dorsal fin. It almost looks deformed? Maybe he's just growing super fast and it he's going through the awkward lanky stage lol.

Edit - Looking at his pic now I see its a hump. So I guess that will develop even more as he grows. :)

Attached Files:

17. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Wow, very nice! Your black veiltail looks to be an Algae Pinoy mixed with a Paraiba. Also Cooper is looking great. I still think he is a German Blue with probably a double blushing gene. the bump on his head is called a Kok (pronounced coke). Males primarily get them and it basically shows dominance and very good health of the fish. The Kok, from what I've read, is primarily stored fat so if your fish is healthy enough to grow a Kok that means he is in great shape! To see a good idea of what a Kok looks like just look up Flowerhorn Cichlids. They usually get very defined koks.

18. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Wow, thanks J!!!!

A German blue blushing he certainly is! Thank you! I knew they sometimes got a hump but I didn't know it was called a kok, nor did I know it was a fatty deposit lol. That's cool. He is the most dominant, active and friendly of the bunch. Definitley a fave of mine ;)

19. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

No problem :). Usually the dominant fish is more likely to get a kok because he, or she, gets more food therefore he has more nutrients to turn into fat ;D

20. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

I think he might be the coolest angel I have seen! Very jealous!