My New 6 Gallon Female Batta Tank

Crapapples
Here is Bess had her 3 days now - little lady betta. She lives in there with a rabbit snail

Attachments

• 4399FFF2-8CC0-49BC-B27E-2502F48E4CEF.jpeg
    4399FFF2-8CC0-49BC-B27E-2502F48E4CEF.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 4B425779-D7D8-4E73-98EC-8B60A3855174.jpeg
    4B425779-D7D8-4E73-98EC-8B60A3855174.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 97
  • 960D33BF-0E7D-477F-AB5A-F5A0225722CB.jpeg
    960D33BF-0E7D-477F-AB5A-F5A0225722CB.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 91
JoeCamaro
That's a beautiful tank!
I bet Bess is a happy Betta.
Thanks for sharing.

Crapapples
Thanks so much Joe first time betta owner so muddling my way through ☺️

JoeCamaro
Do you have any other tanks?
You did a great job with the plants and overall layout of this one. I bet you must stare a it quite often.

shutterbug13
Beautiful tank!

Crapapples
Thank you Shutterbug

I used to keep gourami for a long time until about a year ago. I always fancied a betta though but I know I’ll end up with a few smaller tanks like these now - little Bess is very addictive!I do keep watching her, she’s very confident and brazen which is lovely to see

stella1979
Beautiful tank! Looks like Bess is living in her own little aquaridise. I too recently got my first betta, a red and blue male named Uncle Sam, (he was small when I got him and has already grown and lost the white that was in his fins.) I totally agree, these guys are addictive! I have a few other tanks that sometimes cause some fishy stress, but Sam's confidence and brave ways makes everything better. Does Bess tear after her food like a dog with a bone? Sam will shake his little head sometimes when he eats, like he's trying to kill a betta flake... it's hysterical!

Crapapples
Awww sounds gorgeous! Weirdly mine is a fanny fusspot with food! He’s refusing betta food, flakes and everything else except bloodworm - but, this is because he’s gotten wise! He had been fed on flake only I think until I got him, got the taste of a bloodworm and now won’t touch flake he will also only eat from my hand - if it floats, he refuses to touch it! He’s a real little character - so pleased with him. I am in the process of cycling a second tank for another

Bess also turned out to be Bill !! LOL

stella1979
Awww, Bill is a bit spoiled, but only 'cause you love him. Hmmm, if he'll only eat 'real' food, I'd suggest getting some other options like white worms, mysis shrimp and maybe daphnia. I'm sure there are others, but in the end, a strictly bloodworm diet isn't really good for them as bloodworms are not as nutritious as we'd like them to be. Lucky for me, Sam eats anything that I offer, so he gets mostly pellets, but also flakes, bloodworms, mysis shrimp, and very rarely, the much loved, but quite fatty on hardly nutritious brine shrimp. I have brine that's gut loaded with spirulina algae.. a super food. It's pretty easy for me to offer these frozen options because I also have a saltwater tank that I need them for. If you're going with frozen, look for the flat packaging instead of cubes. It's much easier to only use a little bit. I feed him with a small pipette, and he's learned to come attack the tip before the food even comes out, lol.

Rhonda Odom
Awww sounds gorgeous! Weirdly mine is a fanny fusspot with food! He’s refusing betta food, flakes and everything else except bloodworm - but, this is because he’s gotten wise! He had been fed on flake only I think until I got him, got the taste of a bloodworm and now won’t touch flake he will also only eat from my hand - if it floats, he refuses to touch it! He’s a real little character - so pleased with him. I am in the process of cycling a second tank for another

Bess also turned out to be Bill !! LOL

(mine also will only eat bloodworms - likes to chase them... who knew they were so silly)

Crapapples
Very true Stella1979, he is quite naughty as has live daphnia etc but turns up the nose! Didn't think a fish would be so fussy but it is a bit of a worry that he will only eat bloodworm. I have not given him any since yesterday in the hope that hunger will win and he will eat something else. He did have a bit of pea yesterday so he likes them but like you say, not really a substatial diet peas and bloodworm!

Rhonda at least yours chases LOL, Bill literally refuses them unless I am holding them! If I let one go he watches it and swims away. They really are silly aren't they Young Bill has been busting with confidence since the day I got him, I expected a bit of hiding etc but nothing. Really cheeky little fish.

I moved him to a 16 gallon a few days ago and tried to introduce some harlequins yesterday - big mistake! They never even made it out the bag during acclimatisation - he was like a bull to a red rag. Never thought my little Bill would be aggressive! Just thankful I never released them, they had to go back to the shop

stella1979
Lol, I've been really enjoying reading these betta antics guys. Sorry Bill wouldn't play nice with the harlies. Super great that he'll eat peas though. Sam won't touch them.

Crapapples
I never realised they were so full of character! I have always been a big goldfish fan for this very reason, love their cheeky ways and how they are so ballsy but betta appear to be exactly the same! I had a dwarf gourami (Mr Wan Tin) for some years who was very like Bill. I am glad Bill is eating the peas - at least it's something!

stella1979
Wow, well aren't we two peas in a pod. I had a DG for only about a year, but I just loved him to pieces. Goldies, DG's and bettas... truly entertaining fish.

Crapapples
Hahaha fancy that! Yes! Totally the best fish ever - strong personalities and great fun. They really are entertaining.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
New2fishlovinit
Replies
Views
mrsP
Replies
Views
NLindsey921
Replies
Views