My new 4ft community tank with sump

ashmeo

Hi all,

I got my 4ft (135gal) tank with sump (below cabinet) set-up. Here's a link to my tank, feel free to post your comments and constructive criticisms.

Driftwood was just store bought, have poured boiling water over a few times and have forced it in place inside the tank for a while till it sinks.

I think the 2 wavemakers keep my fishes distracted to be fighting each other, maintaining the peace. When I turn them off for feeding, they are also peaceful and focused on the food.

4 blood parrots
3 tinfoil barbs
10 assorted african cichlids
2 pleco sucker
2 convict parrot
1 platinum parrot
1 oscar (I bought it on impulse, it looks great with good personality. Will have to find him a new tank when he poses a danger to the smaller fishes)

DrPleconstein

Beautiful, fun and active! Love the movement! And im partial to the African cichlids. Nice tank. I agree with the wave makers keeping them distracted. I have one in my 75 gallon cichlid tank and if I turn it off they get bored and mean.

ashmeo

Beautiful, fun and active! Love the movement! And im partial to the African cichlids. Nice tank. I agree with the wave makers keeping them distracted. I have one in my 75 gallon cichlid tank and if I turn it off they get bored and mean.
Thank you! I'll try to get a video during feeding time, the fishes fight the wave current against them to get to the food.

I've read keeping oscar and african cichlids is close to impossible in the same tank. The wavemakers help with tiring them out/distracting.

How long do the cichlids take to grow? They are very small now. I want them to be bigger than the oscars mouth in the years to come. Lol.

Went to the store today and picked up a bigger cichlid :p

Attachments

• 20220128_114758.jpg
    20220128_114758.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220128_114826.jpg
    20220128_114826.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 4

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ashmeo