My new 360L planted aquascade

tdanny

I have added a poorly made map (one square equals 2cm on it), of my next tank and would love any advice, ideas, inspirations or just things for me to note or talk about.
the tank dimensions are 360L(94g) 130cm(51inch) x 50cm(20inch) x 55cm(22inch)
The 3D background is going to be somekind or fake grey rock.
I am planning on having plant carpet being made of dwarf hair grass (Eleocharis Eleocharis), hadn't decided on what stone to make the stone pile of yet, but it make a stacked stone ledge caves kinda setup, I am considering having Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus Callitrichoides) grow on top of it.
The magenta plant is Persicaria Sao Paulo, the drift wood will have some kind of leafy green plant on it ^^.
Looking into floating plants that will mostly over the stone pile area that will either be red or green, and will also add floating rocks where I find it fitting, but mostly over the sand, along with a black stone bridge to cross the sand between the two green areas where I think it looks good.
The bonsai is going to be a piece of drift wood with leafy green plants attached, maybe red ones, but not sure if that would look good against the magnenta background? generally I am trying to decide what colors to pick for some of the plants and the rock setup.

Water parameter is going to be 24c(75F) ph 7, water hardness 8-15dh, plenty of light, Co2 added
I am pretty confident on the fish stocking setup, but wouldn't mind any advice on that as well, or ideas for more fish as my math has it worked that I got just under 90% stocked, so once I get all the fish in I might wish to add more ^^
I am not sure about what kind of cory cat yet, but picked something big for AqAdvisor to be on the safe side
and I am aware that tradionally you keep hillstream loaches in high water movement, but I am confident in the sources that says they are just as happy without it.
I am also aware of those of these fish are going to need some extra attention food vice to make sure no one gets out competed

I will be hatching my own Brine shrimp, will be using frozen foods a lot, other live foods from the store, and stinking pellets along with a little high quality fish food with twice a day feeding
10 x Honey Gourami (3 males, 7 females) (Trichogaster chuna)
20 x Green Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon simulans)
20 x Celestial Pearl Danio (Danio margaritatus)
10 x Scarlet Badis( 3 males, 7 females) (Dario Dario)
10 x Endler (rough number doubt I will be able to control ratios) (Poecilia wingei)
1 x Bristlenose Pleco (Ancistrus sp.)
5 x Hillstream Loach (Gastromyzon ctenocephalus)
8 x Bronze Cory (Corydoras aeneus)
6 x Amano Shrimp (Cardina multidentata)
20 x Cherry Shrimp (blue velvet variant) (Neocaridina davidi)
1 x Bamboo Shrimp (Atyopsis moluccensis)
6 x Kuhli Loach (Pangio kuhlii)

Attachments

• map(66x33).png
    map(66x33).png
    855.3 KB · Views: 19

Spudsssy

Looks good!

Dario dario will for sure appreciate live food.
I would increase neons and danios to 30 each and leave out the endlers. You don't have anything to control endlers numbers.

Way more kuhli loaches... 6 will be lost in that tank. At least 12 but could push to 20.
I have 26 in my tank ;).

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

tdanny

Looks good!

Dario dario will for sure appreciate live food.
I would increase neons and danios to 30 each and leave out the endlers. You don't have anything to control endlers numbers.

Way more kuhli loaches... 6 will be lost in that tank. At least 12 but could push to 20.
I have 26 in my tank ;).

Looking forward to seeing pictures.
Thank you, i will consider that, i got 3 kulhi i always see in my current 250l^^ but more is never bad with noodles xD
Thank you, i will consider that, i got 3 kulhi i always see in my current 250l^^ but more is never bad with noodles xD
Also i will be uploading pictures once i get started in early may^^ i like to plan far ahead :)

GlennO

Never hurts to plan well ahead. I tried Persicaria once. It has some lovely colours but grew rather sparse for me and I felt it was better suited intermingled with other plants rather than as a standalone feature. I personally wouldn’t keep hillstream loaches in a low flow CO2 injected setup. High flow is a primary feature of their natural habitat and provides them with high levels of dissolved oxygen. Also they prefer cooler water than most of the other fish you have listed.

otterblue

10 x Scarlet Badis( 3 males, 7 females) (Dario Dario)

It is EXTREMELY hard to find scarlet badis females. Most people can't even get one. Josh's Frogs (in the U.S.) occasionally has probable females.

I tried my badis in a large community tank but ended up moving them to a species-only 40 gallon. Now they're happy, healthy and bold.

They will usually ONLY eat live food & they're very deliberate and slow in their hunting style - your other fish will get all the food before they do. They're also fairly shy when around other fish.

I guess I'm saying that I'd recommend not getting them or only putting them in a species-only tank.

tdanny

Never hurts to plan well ahead. I tried Persicaria once. It has some lovely colours but grew rather sparse for me and I felt it was better suited intermingled with other plants rather than as a standalone feature. I personally wouldn’t keep hillstream loaches in a low flow CO2 injected setup. High flow is a primary feature of their natural habitat and provides them with high levels of dissolved oxygen. Also they prefer cooler water than most of the other fish you have listed.
as mention I am aware of the natural habitat of the hillstream loaches but have found enough evidence they dont need water movement, even if they evolved to handle it, but I will of course be watching them closely to make sure, and especially be aware of the oxygen levels ^^
It is EXTREMELY hard to find scarlet badis females. Most people can't even get one. Josh's Frogs (in the U.S.) occasionally has probable females.

I tried my badis in a large community tank but ended up moving them to a species-only 40 gallon. Now they're happy, healthy and bold.

They will usually ONLY eat live food & they're very deliberate and slow in their hunting style - your other fish will get all the food before they do. They're also fairly shy when around other fish.

I guess I'm saying that I'd recommend not getting them or only putting them in a species-only tank.
females aint hard to get where I am from, denmark ^^ and I am aware of their rathe timid feeding style, I will properly start with a few to see if I get the food to them and if not I will return them to the store, but I am hoping I can spread out the food enough, and place some in front of them to make sure they get their share ^^ also what other fish did you have in the tank? I been rather purposefully picking out fish that ain't aggressive eater :3 but i will think about adding another fish instead of it once I am done reading up about again

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KingOscar
Replies
Views
Samuel97
Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies
Views