Status
Not open for further replies.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice tank

Beautiful betta, just a shame its in a community tank, don't be surprized if anyone ends up hurt or killed with him in there.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Your tank looks great!

Before you consider adding Discus, I recommend that you house your Betta in a tank of its own, heated and filtered. Bettas are not a community fish. I'm afraid that your Discus could suffer if the Betta isn't removed. Things may be ok for now but that doesn't mean there won't be issues down the road. Discus are way too expensive to be lost to a fish fight. (any fish for that matter).
https://www.fishlore.com/Articles/betta-fish-care-guide.htm
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/discus-care-sheet.11955/

Discus require much more care than most tropical fish. They are VERY sensitive to water conditions and require a lot more frequent water changes.

Best of luck and please keep us posted. Thanks for sharing your photos with us!
Ken

OP
J

JJC

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi everyone

To justin - I didnt know there was a contest.

about the discus - Ive looked into and they do look good but im thinking against them an the mo due to how much care they need and i dont know if i caould give all the extra time at the moment.

Ive taken som more pics... ill get them on when i can
JJ

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How many Tetras do you have? I would say you could keep about 5 discus in an empty tank (at least that's what i was thinking for my 46 bowfront) but you'd have to lower the number because of the other fish. Her is a link that i found useful.

OP
J

JJC

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was thinking about 3 or 4 discus, but the more i look into it the more im against the idea. I want to keep something that ive not kept before, but i think discus will need too much time, which i may struggle with at times. any ideas at other fish i could keep? i dont want anything that gets too big, that another thing hat is putting me off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom