My New 140Gal Cichlid Tank

Mattyg100

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi
I have finally took some pics of my Cichlid tank
The tank size is 6ft Length, 2 1/2ft

The Frame it is sat on is made from 4x4 timber and boxed in with Mdf and cupboards from a local store

150kg Ocean Rock
25Kg Coral Sand

The filteration is 1x Fluval 405 external,1 Fluval Internal, 1x Fishmate 15,000ltr Hr Bio Pond Filter powered by a 7000ltr Hr Pond Pump which sits in the tank under the rock and the bio filter under the tank with the fluval 405

I tank hood is made and in my garage and requires painting and finishing off and the tubes installed properley

I have around 60 cichlids in the tank, 2 Pleco, 1 bristlenose, and 3 small catfish which dont come out untill the lights have been turned off

There are two females currently holding young and should be ready to spitthem out soon, i have not got anywere to put them in so iam just going to let them defend for themselves.

The tank has adult and young in and the young in now are from what was left when they breed last time in my friends tank.

P1012628.JPG

P1012629.JPG

P1012630.JPG

P1012627.JPG

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Great looking tank and beautiful fish Mattyg!

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Ken

w_boughner

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
im jelous
thats what ive wanted 4 a long time but my wife wont let me until we have a house of our own

GDP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
w_boughner said:
im jelous
thats what ive wanted 4 a long time but my wife wont let me until we have a house of our own
Yeah I mean that does make sense though for something that big. I mean do you really want to be moving that beast around when moving? lol. Not me anyway.

Eylisia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like the sort of stark, crisp look you get from rock-only cichlid tanks, and I am suuuuper jealous of your tanksize

treve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love it.

cant wait to get my 135 up and running after seeing yours, I love the color of your back ground I picked up paint that is a very similar color for mine...
Awesome

Angela_96

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is the first time I have commented on here in months and I have to say WOWOWOWOWOW! Whatta beautiful cichlid tank!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom