My new 10 gal tank....

JLDJ

In the past, I had some really big tanks.
However now that I live in an apartment I just have room for a 10 gal trank
I recently moved a bookcase and this revealed a perfect spot for a small tank. It even has an AC outlet there.So I decided to build a 10 gal tank, It has been decades since I built the last one. Times have really change, with all the info now available ...and all the new hardware, etc.

Anyway, I wanted to build a classic tank...in plants etc and fish.... keeping it natural looking with no gaudy colors.. I also kept the substrate to the minimum to get all the water volume I could. .Overly high substrate and big rocks just takes the place of fish you can have.
It is fairly recently cycled. and planted.

It is planed with Anacharis, Hornwort, a "Crypt" plant , and some Dwarf Swords.
The fish are Neon Tetras, a few Harlequin Rasboras and a couple of Panda Cory cats.
I would like to get one more Cory.
BTW, contrary to a lot of popular opinion, the Corys do just fine on the gravel. :)

Attachments

• 0MY_tank1x.jpg
    0MY_tank1x.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 88

SuriahAnderson

I like it, looks nice. Very natural.

Swiftyfishy2008

That’s one of the nicest 10 gallons I’ve literally ever seen.. how do you get that tank water so crystal clear, it looks really nice!

JLDJ

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Here is an updated pic of the tank with the plants more fully grown (and trimmed) ......and no more so-called "brown algae ". I also now have some "Fogbit plants" floating.

In addition, I now have a very nice glass hood that replaced the cheap black plastic hood I had which only had six white LEDs

On the the new hood, I have now placed a great high tech plant light that has many white LEDs along with a few red and blue ones. it is highly configurable in both brightness and color.
The plants really seem to be responding to this light

BTW, you can not see them in the pic but, I also now have a couple of "Nerite snails" that did a great job of cleaning the wood etc. .To my surprise, t have even seen them cleaning up some of the gravel .

I am still looking for another (third) "Panda Cory Cat . :)

Attachments

• 001+new_picx.jpg
    001+new_picx.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 25

FillSmith

Wow, it look really cool, natural and i think it is fish heaven :)

JLDJ

Yeah at night with the light off, none of my Neon Tetras can be seen as they are all "sleeping" among the plants somewhere .

DrPleconstein

Beautiful tank! Love the natural feel of it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Revan
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views