My nerite snail out of water

Tigerburp

I just got my horned nerite snail yesterday and he seems to be partially out of water sometimes,is this normal?.would he dry out?

Attachments

• 0B82DCAD-E4E7-40EB-9D89-215B8B938CBA.jpeg
    0B82DCAD-E4E7-40EB-9D89-215B8B938CBA.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 16

StarGirl

He will be fine mine do that too.

edit. Mine have been out on the floor before and I put them back in and they were fine. That trap door seals pretty tight.

Tigerburp

He will be fine mine do that too.
I did a google and some articles said it was because the water quality was bad or because the snail was trying to eat the calcium at the water line of the tank

StarGirl

Mine have all done that, every single one and I have 7 right now. I think they just go up there to eat the goop up there.

Tigerburp

Mine have all done that, every single one and I have 7 right now. I think they just go up there to eat the goop up there.
So I don’t have to worry?

StarGirl

Nope not at all. Mine have been out of the water on the floor all day and been fine. If you ever see one out dont panic and put him back in the tank. Hes probably just fine.

Tigerburp

Nope not at all. Mine have been out of the water on the floor all day and been fine. If you ever see one out dont panic and put him back in the tank. Hes probably just fine.
How do you pick a snail up mine just keeps a steady grip to the tank

StarGirl

Why do you need to?

Dont yank them off you will harm them if you pull on them.

Dunk2

How do you pick a snail up mine just keeps a steady grip to the tank
I often find my Nerites on the bottom side of tank lids when I’m doing water changes.

When I need to move them, I very gently ”wiggle” their shell. They pretty quickly release their grip.

As StarGirl suggested, no yanking! :)

StarGirl

I actually found my Tiger on the lid when I removed them when it was hot out. He was out almost 2 days and was fine. Dont worry at all about them being up in the tank above the water line. They all do it.

Tigerburp

Why do you need to?

Dont yank them off you will harm them if you pull on them.
I mean when I need to put them back in water
I often find my Nerites on the bottom side of tank lids when I’m doing water changes.

When I need to move them, I very gently ”wiggle” their shell. They pretty quickly release their grip.

As StarGirl suggested, no yanking! :)
Ok thanks, no yanking got it

StarGirl

I mean when I need to put them back in water

Ok thanks, no yanking got it
If they are attached in the tank just leave them be. They will go in the water when they want to. :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
nanoist
Replies
Views
Mermish
Replies