My Neon Tetra Has A White Lump Where It's Eye Should Be!

fish_life_1234
I got back from vacation and one of my neon tetras had this on it's eye. (See below). What is it and what should I do!

*ignore the play sign. I had paused a video of it.in hopes of getting better
Screenshot_2018-07-11-20-29-53.jpg

Fshloover
From the photo it looks like it might be Popeye does it look like it is still has the eye and it’s just really big and white or does it look like they eye piped out and then the white stuff developed. It could also be a symptom of a disease or parasite . If you could get some more pictures it would be easeyer to tell if it is Popeye or not. I had a goldfish a few years ago that had Popeye when I got it but it cured it self.

fish_life_1234
Sorry these photos aren't the best. They mobe very fast.

To me it looks like they still have an eye underneath. (Or at least a little black dot)
Screenshot_2018-07-12-09-25-04.jpg
Screenshot_2018-07-12-09-25-11.jpg

fish_life_1234
The bump seems to have Gotton more transparent- does anyone know if this is a good sign or bad sign?

What can I do?

Goldiemom
That is a super bad case of Popeye. Put the fish in a QT tank. Do Epsom salt baths twice a day by taking a large bowl and filling it with dechlorinated water. Add 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt to gallon of water. Let fish sit in bath for 2 minutes each time. Then place back in QT tank. Use Kanaplex and Furan-2 together in QT tank per directions on packages. Do this for 10 days. Watch for swelling in fish. Mine had a terrible case like yours and this saved both the fish and the eye. Good luck and keep us posted.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
GuppyGuy007
  • Question
Replies
Views
AvaTheFish
Replies