My Mystery Snail Escaped And Cracked Her Shell

kjw0916

One of my friends is telling me she may be ok but I don't know because her shell is cracked so badly. Picture below. Is there any chance she will survive? I can't bring myself to euthanize if she is still alive but won't live. She just laid two clutches and I think she was probably looking for another place to lay them and fell. I really don't know what to do. Help, please!

And those are cory eggs on her shell.

20190602_103356.jpg

BReefer97

Well Known
kjw0916 said:
One of my friends is telling me she may be ok but I don't know because her shell is cracked so badly. Picture below. Is there any chance she will survive? I can't bring myself to euthanize if she is still alive but won't live. She just laid two clutches and I think she was probably looking for another place to lay them and fell. I really don't know what to do. Help, please!

And those are cory eggs on her shell.

20190602_103356.jpg
Your snail may be a little too gone for saving, but here’s this video that may help you patch the broken part of the shell so the snail has a chance at survival.

OP
kjw0916

kjw0916

BReefer97 said:
Your snail may be a little too gone for saving, but here’s this video that may help you patch the broken part of the shell so the snail has a chance at survival.

Thank you!

OP
kjw0916

kjw0916

I can't patch it because her body is kind of poking out but she is crawling around pretty normally now. I'm going to keep an eye on her for a couple of day and see if it becomes patchable. And I'm going to make some snail jello for some extra calcium.

New Threads