My Multi's

1. dahly Member Member

2. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful Pictures, Dahly!

The pictures are splendid. I wish my camera did that good a job, you must have a great camera and a lot of talent. The blue-eyed fish is beautiful. What kind is it? (Sorry, don't know them by sight yet) I can imagine from your posts that you are becoming very fond of your Multies. I would love to be on that closed circuit TV station that you talked about. They sound fascinating.

Rose
    :D

3. dahly Member Member

Rose, These are the Neolamprologus multifasciatus or "Multi's" that Butterfly and Gunnie steered me too. Yes, they do have blue eyes too. These are shelldwelling African Rift Lake Cichlids from Lake Tanganyika (sp). I have Malaysian Trumpet snails in there too as a "clean up" crew and to eat algae. You'll notice my fake plant on the left has algae covering one leaf. Well, that is no longer the case, as the snails gobbled it all away. The also keep the rocks clear of algae. I love these fish and their constant activity, digging spitting, building, burying and defending. The sand was flat on the bottom when I set up the tank, just look what they've done. And it changes too as they uncover buried shells, bury others and so on. Glad you like the pic's!

4. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:-[

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

What a great looking tank! Your multies look very happy! ;)

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

I agree :D

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Dahly, what a wonderful tank! :) What substrate do you have in there? Looks like a mix of white and black sand.

8. dahly Member Member

It's the "CaribSea" Cichlid sand. It is salt and pepper looking. They have moved every grain themselves! :D

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Here are Dahlys pics re-sized as requested by Dahly ;)

Attached Files:

10. dahly Member Member

Thanks Carol! Glenn

11. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Your Welcome!! Anytime!! ;)
    Carol

12. joe Member Member

Thats such an awesome tank. ;D

Joe

13. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Yes it is an awesome tank!!! You never have to re-aquascape a multi tank, they do it for you :D and if you do aquascape the tank they will re-do it anyway!! Good job Glenn!
    Carol

14. goldenrod1967 Initiate Member

That is amazing that your fish did the "sandscaping"....beautiful tank!

15. joe Member Member

I've had my cichlids for about a week now and they havnt moved the substrate around at all. Anyone know why?

Joe

16. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Joe some Cichlids don't move sand/gravel around. But Multis are famous for moving sand around. ;)
    Carol

17. joe Member Member

Oh, Thanks Butterfly. :D

Joe