Help My molly won't stop biting my ADF

francoisandrisky

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to the hobby (I've had my molly, Risky Fishness and my african dwarf frog, Francois, about 3 months), and recently my molly has been aggressively attacking my ADF.

Initially, the two would sometimes nip at each other while they were eating, presumably trying to get the other one's food. Now, Risky steals most of Francois' food, even though I try my best to feed them on opposite ends of the 10 gallon tank. Even after all the food is gone, she'll continue to chase Francois around the tank, biting at her. I used to be able to gently tap on the tank and scare her off, but now she's desensitized to that and just keeps biting anyway.

This behavior is confusing because from what I've read, mollies and adfs are supposed to get along pretty well together. Does Risky just have a particularly bad attitude? Francois is very chill and doesn't seem to be getting hurt, but it's undoubtedly stressful for her and I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS; I'm not sure if this is relevant, but Risky gave birth about a week ago. The babies are in a separate tank though.

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mollies have very small brains, and as such, don't know how to tell food from not food. Same with the frog. If it smells like food, they try to eat it. And they both smell like food to eachother. It might be annoying, but is probably mostly harmless to the frog.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom