My Molly Has Dropsy :(

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by pinknblakbetta22, Apr 16, 2012.

1. p

pinknblakbetta22 Valued Member Member

Hello Everyone I have one molly in a ten gallon tank that has been living in their for about two years now and today i was going to feed my Molly when i noticed she was EXTREMELY bloated and her scales were sticking out ( pinecone or whatever they call it ) and now i am freaking out because i have had her for like a long time now and most people say that once the pineconing starts its too late .. should i just let nature take its course ?

2. imperess

imperess New Member Member

hi sorry to here about your molly. Maybe you can treat her like for bloat? Here is a good link to some info that helped me out:  

it helped me with my pleco when he had bloat. i found Metronidazole at my local pet shop.. but if you can't get it there you can try treating with api general cure. It has Metronidazole in it and helped my fish.
    hope this info helps.

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Sorry to hear about your Molly. Info on Dropsy below:

Personally I would have to consider Euthanasia but of course the decision is up to you and not an easy one to make. If you do decide to Euthanize your fish, the link below may help you:

Methods of Euthanasia

Ken

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Freshwater Beginners to Freshwater Fish Disease section of the forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice