My mollies

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ive had a rough time lately, so i think i wanna just chill and post some photos of my mollies, because theyre cute and i love mollies.

First up is Dumpling, our balloon molly girl. Shes super tiny and adorable though im not a fan of balloons. Shes very shy, but since adding the others shes come right out of her shell.

This sailfin girl is Nana (short for banana lol) and shes proving to be very outgoing with the other fish and with me. She seems interested in socializing with us when we are watching them.

This only boy sailfin is Pumpkin. I fell right in love with him when i saw him. Hes one of the most beautiful mollies ive ever seen. Hes jumpy and a little bit of a pushover (okay, a lot. The guppy pushes him around) but he is amicable with the girls and adores Dumpling a lot. One photo is blurry but it showed the gorgeous iridescence in his tail that shows up only in some lighting.

Lastly, Cookie the lyretail. And shes a bossy fish. Shes been recently moved to her own tank by herself due to attacking every fish she could. She lives with a mystery snail and a ghost shrimp. Shes not overly impressed with the move so shes sulking behind plants, so no new photos of her. She was one of our very first fish we still have left. Shes a goofy funny fish that made me fall in love with mollies

And yes i am aware that Pumpkin and Nana have ich. They were added knowing they had it since we were already treating it with our skirt tetras whom they share a tank with too. Its clearing up well and both are warming up to their new home. Theyve been a welcome addition to their tank and the tetras seem happier having them around rather than tyrant Cookie lol

Feel free to share photos of your mollies or talk about them too. Theyre an underrated fish. Of all the common livebearers, theyre my favourite.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feel free to share photos of your mollies or talk about them too. Theyre an underrated fish. Of all the common livebearers, theyre my favourite.
Well, here are some pictures of the chocolate mollies...

And here some with red eyes...

Overhere a red eyed juvenile male...

Overhere an adult red eyed female...

Eventhough the chocolate mollies are a fancy strain, within the commercial trade you won't find them that often.

Overhere a marble ancient male lyertail...

And overhere a nice looking female lyretail molly...

Tilderjones

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love mollies too! Here are mine.

This is my dominant female (dalmatian lyretail latipinna). She's also very social and curious, and her scales have some really nice sparkle to them.

Here's my dominant male (dalmatian lyretail latipinna), he's a food hog and likes to chase the others, but nothing too bad. He's got an attitude and is the boss of the tank.

The is my other female (dalmatian lyretail latipinna), she has a lighter color than the other two. She gets a bit picked on by the dominant male and female sometimes but most of the time is swimming around with them.

This is my male red sailfin, with red eyes (velifera hybrid) - isn't he a beauty! He has a very gentle and sweet personality too.

And this is supposed his girlfriend (red velifera hybrid), sorry I only have a blurry pic of her on hand. She has a really chill personality with all the other fish, hope they become interested in mating in the future, and have some red babies.

And this is my two males saying hi! The dorsal fin on the red one is impressive, he doesn't flare it very often, as the other male is the dominant one for now, but things may change once these guys grow more.

I also have a bunch of dalmatian molly fry now, they're so tiny but already I can see their colors, some are mostly white, some are dark with spots.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So many gorgeous mollies!!!

My lovely little Nana unfortunately succumbed to her ich, though Pumpkin pulled through and we are free of ich.

We picked up another molly girl to balance out our gender ratio. This is Truffle. Another balloon. We figured a smaller girl may make a better friend for Dumpling

And my handsome boy all clear and healthy

Tilderjones

Valued Member
Reaction score
@MissNoodle Aww, Truffle is cute! And that boy is gorgeous. Sorry, you ended up losing one to ich. All my mollies had ich too when I got them. I had to treat the whole tank, what a pain!

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
@MissNoodle Aww, Truffle is cute! And that boy is gorgeous. Sorry, you ended up losing one to ich. All my mollies had ich too when I got them. I had to treat the whole tank, what a pain!
We were already dealing with ich in this tank as it was, so figured treating these two wouldnt be an issue, so we got them knowing they had ich. Just was unexpected as she was doing so well, but then Thanksgiving morning woke up and she was just gone.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom