My mollie

Yuki

Reaction score
Hi,

Today and yesterday after I fed my fish I noticed that my Dalmation Mollie had gotten 'Larger' her stomach seems to be more round then before, I checked on her today and still her stomach was 'Larger' Is she pregnant? or am I just over feeding? I only feed what she can eat in 2-3 minutes. Thanks in Advance ^.^

Yuki

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

cowizzle

Reaction score

hey Yuki! i think mine is? but then again im not even sure if mine's a boy or a girl.
yours might be pregnant though. how many times do u feed them a day?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you go to the board "livebearers," there is a smaller board called "Sexing Livebearers." It can help you sex livebearers.

Yuki

Reaction score
Hi once again, ^.^

I feed them once a day, her stomach has gotten bigger now in the past two days. I'm happy at the thought that she's pregnant, I've always wanted fry. So even this is good news for me, Thanks for the replies. Hope to hear more ^.^

Yuki

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yuki,
If you post a picture we could possibly tell you if she's pregnant. Also, I would get a breeder of some sort and get LOTS of plants in the tank if you don't already have them (fake or real, doesn't matter). Mollies and other fish WILL eat the babies, so they need to have places to hide if any of them are to survive long enough for you to find them.

I currently have 30 2-month old black molly babies and 7 > 1-month old silver molly babies. The second batch was born at night, so only 7 made it to the morning, and since myt mollies ate half my frill plants, the babies didn't have enough hiding places. They were in a net breeder for about a month and now they are in my main tank with a divider. The best food for them at first will be either live or frozen (defrost in aquarium water first) baby brine shrimp. You can also take the regular flakes, put some in a plastic baggie and keep crushing with your fingers untill you literally make a powder. I feed mine both the shrimp and the flakes. Oh, and although they only need small amounts of food, like what you can pick up with a wet toothpick, you will need to feed them frequently. Mine eat 3-4 times a day. Congratulations, good luck, and have fun!

Izabela

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom