my mix & match tank!

laurenbanfield31

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello all, I currently have a 48ltr tank and realise it may be over populated. I have 1 zebrafish danio, 1 zebra loach, 1 yoyo loach, 5 guppies, 3 neon tetras, 2 bala sharks and a platnium angel fish.
My tanks water levels are all perfect, as I do regular water changes (once or twice a week)
I only have this assortment of fish because of fish being given to me and other tanks having to be mixed into one due to malfunction.
But recently my one bala shark (nicknamed Don, hahah) has got almost red veins running through his top fin and damage to his fins, this has not happened to any other fish although I did have a problem a few month ago with nitrites as my nitrogen cycle got messed up.
I was wondering of anyone had any ideas or advice to give me about my tank, I would be very grateful!! All my fish have been happily swimming together for months!!!
I have started to put some additives in for Don, e.g internal disease clear, which protects his fins and helps with regeneration as well as curing most bacterial problems..
As I said any advice or ideas I would very grateful for!
Thanks!!

Last edited:

fishguy122

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It kinda soumds overstocked. As long as you keep the water nice and clean your shark's fin should heal fine.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Lauren, Welcome to Fishlore! You may need to look at upgrading some of your fish to a bigger tank soon I,m afraid, as your Bala Sharks, Loaches and Angelfish will grow far too big for a 48ltr tank.

laurenbanfield31

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you fishguy122 and Nick G for your help!
Don is looking so much better, nearly all the red in his fin Haa disappeared and it's healing very well!!!

Sent from my C6903 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom