Help my malke dwarf gourami has red lump below mouth

Ricky_Chambers

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my male dwarf gourami has red lump below mouth

hi all
i need your help!!!
i have had my neon blue dwarf gourami for about 2 weeks now and a day after introducing him into the tank i noticed it had a small red mark just under his mouth i left it it the hope it would heal up but it has only got bigger. Not massively big but it is not going away anyway he seems to be fine eating and moving well but this lump doesnt look nice am im afraid it will turn into something worse he may have got injured transporting him but now it has been 2 weeks i am starting to think it may be something else.
I have a 60 litre tank
4 male guppies
one small pleco
2 clown loaches
2 marble loaches
1 female podwer d.gourami
and the male

water levels ok nitrite a little high sometimes about 0.2 probably due to feeding

contains ornaments and live plants

Last edited:

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So sorry to read about your gourami. Do you have a quarantine tank to put him in? I don't know a lot about fish disease except that it is frustrating! Do find it odd that your nitrites don't read 0, in a cycled tank, they should.
For a 15 gallon tank you have a fair number of fish in there, you could have a mini cycle happening, although I am not positive that it would be the cause of his red mark. Something else to watch, though.

Plecos get pretty big, IMO, you may want to rehome him, if you indeed have a 60 litre tank (which is 15 gallons if my conversion is correct) I believe they are also quite messy, which could challenge the bioload of your tank.

Hopefully someone will chime in that can help you with the gourami, but you may want to consider a Q tank if he needs some help. Did you quarantine him before he went in the main tank?

Ricky_Chambers

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi go green
thanks for ur reply
i dont have a q.tank and therefor he wasnt quarantined b4 introducing him but all my fish come from a very well maintained tropical fish shop and he didnt have this when i got him so this is why i thought he may have got injured during transportation, someone recently said to me that maybe something got in it and now its infected which is a possibility im going to take him back to the shop i think and see what they say. as for the amount of fish i have i do realise i am pushin the limit, my pleco is only a smallen and will only grow to about 4 inches currently he is about 2 inches and all my others are small at the moment also my biggest fish is my male dwarf gourami. and b4 i start getting told off i am fully aware that the loaches will eventually grow to about a foot or even bigger but i am ready for this and in a couple of months after my wedding i will be geting a large tank to move my fish to.

Thanks again go green

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good to hear that you are planning ahead to make some changes before your fish grow to big. Since you don't have a Q tank, probably taking him back may be your best option for now. I never had a Q tank before either, but I am glad to have one now! When a fish gets sick it can save the lives of your other fish.
Good luck and congrats on getting married soon!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom